Friday, November 9, 2012

MIM #90 Creating Focal Point Sentiments with Stamps and Dies.

Have a bunch of cards to post for this weeks challenge, so getting right to it.
Betsy Veldman showed us how to use portions of a stamp, and to use dies
to get the sentiment we wanted.
Have to warn all, I have many on an ever growing Christmas list this year,
including 10 precious grandchildren, each of which get one of
grandma's cards!
So many of my cards have a happy, jolly theme (Thank you PapertreyInk!)
First from the new Happiest of Holidays sentiment collection.
Masked off 'Christmas' and put it on the bottom in red.
Holly Jolly has buttons for 'o's', and Winterberry and Candy Cane Christmas dies.
Cardstock: Pinefeather
Just have to tell, the candy berries are the centers of o's I cut out.
I just know there are others who cannot bear to throw away the
extra from die cuts!
Full on shot shows the die cut letters from Modern Alphabet.
One more card for one of my sweeties


Letters cut from Modern Alphabet again, with cork.
I love, love, love, the new Gingerbread Lane set from last month's release.
Hard to see, but there's some 'icing' separating the 2 pattern papers, cut from 'loop de loop'.
Here's another, can you tell, I'm diggin' this technique?

Honestly, had fun doing the card, but not one of my favs.
Next, another card with the sentiment focal point die cut on the bottom.
Hope that counts as 'focal point'.

Fussy cut all those little star lights!
 
Love to hear what you think of these so far.
And a quick thank you to all for encouraging words.
It's so much fun to read!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how very lovely your cards are! I really really like the first and second card with the sugar coat on your mistletoes and the gingerbread couple with the cork sentiment. LOVELY! (Wish I was one of your grandchildren to receive one of those! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!! I never thought to do two loop de loop borders together - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I have a huge crush on your Holly Jolly card, so many great things going on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, what you mean about this technique...I can't stop creating cards either LOL! Love each one of your beautifully detailed cards, Nancy!
    PS: Aren't you lucky? 10 kiddos get to receive and enjoy Grandma's fun cards :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun, fun! Love all of these & know those grandkids will feel the love that went into them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning set of cards. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are all amazing Nancy! You add so many gorgeous details. Congrats on you shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have a party with a "Holly Jolly Christmas" theme, using that card as the inspiration. I am inviting myself. I'll bring a cheese plate. The hues you used evoke such a GREAT Christmas feel, and the glitter never hurts.
    The gingerbread card looks like a real life snow globe. Adorable.
    The trim on the Joy card is fabulous, but the star garland on the last one...AMAZING! I'd love to decorate my entire house with that!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!