Sunday, December 30, 2012

MIM #97: 2012 A la Carte

Coming in late with my post for the last MIM of the year.
Nichole listed several videos and challenges to choose from. I actually chose to combine 2.
#53 Creative Coasters Jennifer Ellefson shows us how to use die cut coasters.
And #64 Using Color Inspiration with Nichole Heady


First please forgive the awful lighting. Just got back our harddrive, supposedly fixed. Can't find any of my tools to crop, lighten, etc. (Need it to be 5:00  quick!)
Just dying to use the new Stitched Sentiments stamp set.
Some to the buttons are die cut from coasters and either stamped or attached to red poppy.
The color inspiration came from using purple, red, pink and yellow together.
Another card using the same two challenges.


The embroidery hoop is die cut from a coaster.
Love the sentiments from this set!
Family is home safe, Christmas and all it's hectic joy is over.
But... love coming back to the stamps and dies!
Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year to all!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy. Good to hear that everyone is back home safe and we get to enjoy your cards again. I totally agree, the stitched sentiments are so so lovely. I especially like your second card and the color combo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I really like your use of the Stitched Sentiment stamp set. I need to use my now. Thanks for the inspiration and the idea to use a light weight material to put behind the embroidery hoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the Stitched Sentiment set, Nancy. Your bright colors, buttons, flowers, stick pin and threaded needle all add so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy! There is so much detail in your work! You can tell how much passion you put into it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These might be 2 of my favorites yet. Color is my favorite and these combinations are inspiring! Love the needle and thread, and the fabric behind the hoop. My favorite part is how you actually sewed on the buttons. Remarkable.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!