Tuesday, June 4, 2013

PTI MIM #119

MIM #119 features Flagged Borders by Dawn McVey
(who should be a hand model! Did you see those aqua nails?)
Dawn's tutorial had some great elements. One I picked up on was telling your story with flags.
So many birthdays in June, so birthday it is!
I began with a tag sale die, stamped Boutique Borders sentiment and swirly flourish, then outlined in white stitches.
From there die cuts of Just the Ticket with stamping birthday joy.
Hanging by a thread dies stamped with In Pure Poppy with the Stitches and Swirls set.
All this onto a kraft cardstock embossed with a damask pattern.
Ink was then sponged on the kraft (was it Heather that gave that tutorial?) backside.
I first did white, didn't like the effect and went over it in Aqua Mist.
You get a better look at the background in this photo.
A couple of cutesy flower buttons and some red baubles and done.
Can't wait for another excuse to do a few more!
Dawn, thank you, and consider hand modeling!
 


21 comments:

  1. This is so clever! I love the idea of stamping on the tickets and die cuts! And I agree she could be a hand model! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy this is seriously amazing! You take on this is so creative and all of those fabby tickets and tags! Wow! Pinned this one, I need to CASE you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the texture and all your flags!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL 'story', Nancy! Your flags card is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card Nancy...I love it!! :0) Every piece just fits together SO perfectly...I think you nailed this challenge right on the head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win,Nancy! I love this banner and all the extras you added. Gorgeous!
    On one of your comments you thought I hosted the OWH ,I did not I just Entered in the blog hop. Just got a ton of comments .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and clever use of the ticket and tag sale die! Great banner birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Nancy! Just the ticket is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Nancy. Love all your stamped flags and tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done! Beautiful stamping and love the subtle textured base. A really lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tickets and red/kraft/white palette - terrific card! Congrats on the MFW wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! The flags and tickets look great together- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you stamped your diecuts Nancy, great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Idea to use the tickets. Beautiful card Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is so pretty, Nancy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, the tickets on here are just so clever! It's really a treat to look at the photos up close and see all the detail, the background turned out gorgeous!
    You have some beautiful stuff on your blog - so this Nancy will be returning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tickets, the stitching, the placement of everything...so artistic and fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish i had more time to leave comments, but I'd probably still be only commenting on your blog!!! Every time I click on a thumbnail, it seems I end up here. You have been on fire lately! These cards are works of art. I love this card with the words and sentiments on the banners. The red, white, and blue banner is adorable, as well as the tag with the birds and wreath from PTI's anniversary set. (See what I mean. Once I get started I can't just comment on one!) Thanks for sharing your genius.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, as always. I think I could design a room around this card. Love the colors, the layout, everything. Always a fan of your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't get over this card! I feel like I'm winning some amazing prize, and crave cinnamon rolls. I just love when art allows you to instantly feel. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!