Saturday, August 17, 2013

MFW TT I'm Craving Navy 2

2nd Post for MFW TT Navy Challenge
2nd post because after submitting first post, had an idea brewing that I just had to give a try!
(Ever happen to you?)
One of PTI's MIM tutorials (think it was Nichole) was to use bleach on darker card stock.
You can control the effects, to a point, using the happy results (or sometimes surprising) artistically.
Last month's release at Papertrey included a set called Meadowgreens.
The dandelion centers and leaves were "stamped" with bleach, then stamped on Enchanted Evening card stock. The result was a varigated shade of yellow.
I left the flower centers alone, but stamped the leaves with a rolled blend of New Leaf and Ripe Avocado inks.
I don't think I could make the same 'result' again if I tried, 
and this wasn't my first try! ( You don't get to see tries 1-4!)
When all was dry, I white embossed the main flower, and silver embossed the sentiment.
On the dresser  of the inspiration photo, is a small vase of something green, so the addition of the green pearly centers was my first choice.

However,
This is the same card with hot pink. 
Kinda changes things up a bit?
Would love to hear what you think.
This is the last day for Moxie's Tuesday Trigger.
Here's the link:
I am totally in awe of those who can whip up fab cards in under 10 min. 
Those who can, do, and why not try in navy? You have until midnight est!


13 comments:

  1. Wow - I have my eyes on this set - I am getting stamp envy... Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner - my vote is for the green pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love how this turned out! The leaves are gorgeous, and the white flowers on navy are gorgeous! (I liked the green centers slightly better ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!!! I thought I was looking at a botanical print the shading and definition are so perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous results with the bleach! The trick I think is not to get too much bleach. I also love the flowers with the pink centers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, it does look like an art print. I love the green pearls and this card should be a framed piece in that room. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! Amazing....what a beautiful effect. I love how the bright pink pops, but they do pull the attention there. I think that the green pearls allow the bleached leaves to shine more and the leaves are so beautiful that I would stick with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous, Nancy! I love it and am regretting not getting that stamp set....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those leaves, so real. Gorgeous card!
    I prefer the green for the centers... makes all the composition more cohesive, in my humble opinion. But tell me something, please: have you used pure bleach? it doesn't damage the stamp? Thank you so much for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a piece of art - I like the green better. So much beauty to soak in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More amazing cards!!!! Love the center ...what a beautiful way to make a simple change ,love both the pink and green . The leaves look so neat with the bleaching so worth the 4 tries.
    Why or why did I not buy that stamp!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!