Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Festive Friday #40


With this pastel and silvery confection as our inspiration,
I created 3 cards for Festive Friday this week.


Don't know about you, but getting new dies (and stamps!) have to
be played with.
Couldn't stop cutting Hanging Ornaments from Memory Box.

First did this card


Impossible to show the shimmer, just like frosting on a cake!


Then did a 2nd card,


Kept the bg simple and changed the sentiment.
Shimmer and glitter paper everywhere.

3rd card


3rd card made with the leftover dies from the previous 2.
Honestly, just couldn't let those pieces go to waste!


Can't decide my favorite. 
May have to play some more...
Shimmer Paper: PTI
Sentiments: Waltzingmouse

8 comments:

  1. Ok, now I have to get that shimmer paper,didn't think I needed it until now. Oh my Gosh this are gorgeous! I know what you mean with those dies...som many beautiful leftovers you have to use them. If this is the first time you used the die....enter it in Darnell's NBUB ..you can enter as many as you want...I think . Gorgeous work Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shimmer and shine of your inlaid die cuts! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! I can't decide which one I love best! They are all stunning! Love the inlaid dies, so pretty! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous assortment of gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful die! I really love how it stands out on the second card, but they're all beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, your cards are breathtaking! Talk about making the best, straight out of the gate, with new toys! These are so intriguing, that I'm really having to bend my brain as to how you achieved some of the effects - maybe inlaying die-cuts and the first one is on top of an embossed piece? Really magnificent (which means I'll be trying to make cards using your fabulous techniques.)

    Sorry I haven't been able to comment as much as I would like. My life seems to come and go, and that means making some hard choices, like my communicating with my blogging friends less. (I still peek when I have a chance though.) Your work always brings a sigh of contentedness, and a new creative slant to my projects. Thanks for being one of my muses.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!