Tuesday, September 9, 2014

MIM #179: Emboss Resist Using Diecuts & Curtain Call - Lovely Leaves


Laura Bassen shows us how to create a background by 
using our die cuts,
and emboss resisting them.

As families go, I am blessed with a large one.
I love using challenges to create the various cards I make 
for each member of my family.
During the holiday season there are 9 birthdays, not to mention 
anniversaries and other special events,
like Christmas!
This is a card I've made for a DIL, which always throws
me, as it comes just after Christmas.


Started with the Cover Plate: Center Stage.
Emboss resisted with white, using 4 inks to add color:
Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Mist & Blueberry Sky.
The thin white frame is a piece saved from the Deco Frame Die.
The Leaves are Leaf Prints & die cut from Vellum.
Lots of fun embossing powders create the shimmer.
 Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
All mounted on Shimmer card stock.
One down, 8 to go!

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty and delicate,Nancy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Love the embossed sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. What a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Beautiful wintry look! Your DIL is sure to love this!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nancy...I just LOVE coming to your blog and seeing what wonderful ideas you've come up with! This card is just SO beautiful! I love the colors you chose for your background and the embossed leaves are stunning! And the bells just make me smile! Your DIL is going to love this card!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Card, great choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous work of art, Nancy! You definitely have the "Midas Touch". All your creations are like gold! There's just so many elements about this card that I love. The bells are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My birthday is the day after Christmas and I love getting cards that acknowledge the season in some way. This is total sparkly goodness. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sparkl-y leaves and winter-y look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy this is a beautiful show stopper! Oh my goodness this is gorgeous! I love the shimmer,I had to go out and buy some after your MM card! Love big families !

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!