Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy Easter


It's Thursday, and finally posting my MIM card!
Lizzie showed us how to use nail polish to create 
a marbling technique. The effects are never the same,
but can be drop dead gorgeous, after the initial learning mistakes.

Just look at what color combos can produce:


These are what I call 'successes'.
Honestly had to toss about 4 that I call practice.


I read from another blogger that the polish sometimes settled to the bottom, 
or formed a glaze on the top. I guess it just depends on the polish.
Sometimes, moving the bottle quickly back and forth, creates
lines that are marbled looking. Like I said, hard to stop seeing
what the next surprise will be!
I chose the softest 'Eastery Egg' result for the background of my card.


A couple of pinks, a coral and a platinum  made this happy accident.
Thanks to Lizzie, I found this technique addicting! Spent a happy 
afternoon trying all colors I had. Mostly colors I keep on hand
for mani pedi days with the granddaughters!

PTI: Etched Easter Egg Dies, Shaped Sayings: Easter Die. (I cut off
the frame from the words)
White and silver foil Cardstock
Sheer White Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't this a fun technique? Your card is so beautiful!!! Love all the extras you made, too. Will be fun to pull one out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree...definitely no two the same and some turn out not so nice. My polish sank to the bottom so, I lost that marblizing effect...came out more like blobs. And that was was fresh polish. Maybe I should have bought the $12 bottles. I don't wear polish (hate it) so buying a few bottles was just for this challenge. 😝

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post Nancy and I love seeing all your results! And so happy that I wasn't the only one who saw "Easter" when playing along with this wild and fun technique! And I can hardly wait for my granddaughter to come over and do mani's and Pedi's with the fun and bright colors I bought for this technique...she will LOVE it!! And your card turned out BEAUTIFUL Nancy...love the softer and oh so elegant colors you used! Definitely an afternoon of fun with this technique!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!