Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Summer Birthday


Happy Monday Morning to all!
Lexi Daly shows us some different card making today,
at PapertreyInk.
Using Pantone Chips for inspiration and definitely color
matching too, it's all about using and hi lighting a simple object.

I didn't think I'd like this as much as I did.
But after visiting Lexi's blog and her pinterest board on 
Pantone inspiration,I'm hooked!

 

I needed a card for a brother in law, one who loves growing his own fruit,
so went right to 'Still Life Summer'. 
My card needed to be a wider width than an A2 to accommodate the 3 chips,
 and after some measurement calculations (which I'm horrible at!), 
came up with a 4" x 6 1/4".
My chips are 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" square, as Lexi suggests, with 3/4" x 1 3/4" band
at the bottom for sentiment.
Birthday Classics: June & Happiness in Bloom for the sentiments
I'll be doing a custom envelope for this one, which is OK, when it's
thankfully, hand delivered.


Each color chip was sponged to match the die cut image.
I used PTI inks for all.
Melon Berry & Pale Peony for the peach
Scarlett Jewel & Pure Poppy for the strawberries
Mint Julep & Green Parakeet for the lime.

Great Fun doing this card, and looking forward to 
seeing what all of you do!
Stay cool, supposed to get to 110 here today =(

19 comments:

  1. love this card- the images look fantastic and liking your sentiment graduating down across the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Nancy. So fun with the fruit to match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card came out so great that I had to put that Make it Market Mini Kit on my wishlist! That peach looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful idea! Executed so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun!! I like the fresh summer fruits and the pretty colors you used Nancy. Looks like THE perfect card for your brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS WAS FUN i LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE PANTONE DESIGN nANCY SO SUMMERY AND FRESH!! (sorry for all caps)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Nancy! Summery and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cool Nancy! Love how you made it larger to accommodate the 3 fruits, and the progression of the sentiments! And of course your summer fruit looks absolutely deliscious!! This was definitely a FUN challenge and you aced it my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so summery! This is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally love this! I thought about fruit, so I may just need to case this sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy!!! This is such a fun card. I adore everything about it. I'm sure your brother-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever....love your fruity trio of Pantone Chips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice looking summery card and smart idea to use 3 chips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to line up 3 of these Pantone chips -- what an eye-catching card this made!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is terrific! So bright and cheery! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nancy! Very very fun Card! Great Colors and - of course - you nailed it using THREE pantone chips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great take on the challenge! i love the fruit, i love the colors - so pretty and fun! thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet and juicy take on the challenge. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!