Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Card Concept: Spring has Sprung


The Card Concept begins a new challenge today, very timely,
called: Spring Has Sprung.


Crisp white, bright sunny yellow, with a few color accents, guided my choice to
center a card around Easter, in a favorite style: Clean & Layered.


I was recently introduced to Lindy's Magicals, during a craft weekend (thank you Marcia Hill),
and created a bg for my birds with them, and a scrap left over from a die cut.
Marcia demonstrated  her Magicals, and I was hooked! You never know what will 
turn out after the powder dries, and these little jars are filled with iridescent magic!


With the exception of the Magicals, and some sequins, my Clean and Layered card uses all PapertreyInk stamps & dies.
Inks are another new find from the Craft Weekend, Catherine Pooler Inks.
(Thank you, Colleen, Linda & Marcia!)

You will find links to each PTI product at the end of the post.
Hope you'll be inspired to play along.
A list of styles, and much more inspiration by the designers can be found on
The Card Concept Challenge Blog.
Happy Crafting!


Lindy's Stamp Gang: Magicals (Amazon)
Inks: Catherine Pooler, Tiki Torch, Tiara, Mint to Be, Aquatini, Skylight

9 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy...this is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so happy you like the Lindy's Magical powders...they just really take a background up another notch or two, don't they?!! And I will never get tired of seeing those Brushed Birds...SO sweet! Can't believe you got the whole bundle of CP inks...that's quite an investment, but they are wonderful inks! (I have 27 of the 40 colors she has available and LOVE them!!) Hope you are doing well...miss you something fierce already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me Nancy. This card is gorgeous! I love the bright yellow and blue together and your card using these darling birds is ....well, darling!! How wonderful that you got all the CP inks and are enjoying the magic powders too. Isn't it great to have such enabling friends? Sending (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh! I'm with Birgit, Nancy, you never cease to amaze with your works of card art, each one worthy of a gallery showing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! This is just STUNNING!! I love the way you framed those fabulous little birds. STUNNING design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Nancy. So happy that you like the CP inks as well as I do. They work so well. And the Lindy Magicals make us such stunning backgrounds. Hope all is well with you my friend and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Nancy! Love the backgrounds, I have to admit to hoarding them right now, but will have to break down and use them to show them off...have you already made a purchase? *wink I came home and purchased a few things from that weekend with you girls...BTW, wonderful article by PTI! And I miss all the girls and can hardly wait for our next community building adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Nancy!! What a perfect little Spring masterpiece. You are blessed with an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, this is so gorgeous! Love those sweet birds bringing in Springtime!
    Your Craft House trip to Kansas sounded like an amazing adventure with long time Blog friends meeting up and sharing their creative talents.
    Of course, I am always in awe of your beautiful cards, Nancy! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beauty! Love how you used the yellow and added a bit more of spring to you card. The powders look like fun!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!