Thursday, June 21, 2018

Two-fer Challenge #6 ~ Trees!



I'm so excited to be playing along at the latest Two-fer Challenge. It's Darnell's brain
child, where we're challenged to use the same stamp (or die) 2 different ways and 
create 2 different cards for 2 different occasions.

This month's key word is 'Trees'. 
I chose a die set from Frantic Stampers called, Lollipop Trees.

1st card:


I used my lollipop trees the traditional way, and set them in a window created with 
MFT's Jumbo Peek-a-Boo Circle die. Then framed the window with PTI's
Coverplate: Nesting. 


Have you ever worked with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Magicals? 
It comes in powder form, and when you apply water, the effect is well, magical!
The trees are die cut from a panel I made from 'hi Maintenance Magenta.'
Tree trunks cut from a wood look washi tape.

2nd Card:


On a PTI tag, I made the 'tree' into a triple ice cream cone, with lots of sprinkles. 
The cone is from PTI's Colorful Treats. 


Those cute little sprinkles are actually from a PTI die!


Below is a list of supplies I used. 
If you'd like to purchase something, my links take you to the Papertrey store and item.


Frantic Stamper, Lindy's Magicals, Catherine Pooler Inks, 
Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

You better hurry, only 3 more days to play! Ends the 24th.



7 comments:

  1. OMG Nancy, this is AMAZING! You made such a clever card using the trees...I think this is fabulous!! Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards using this tree image Nancy! I LOVE the bright, summery colours of your sweet garden scene. The magicals background for the tree toppers is so pretty! And how clever to use the one tree topper to create a triple ice cream cone --- yummy design with the sprinkles on top! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl, these are ridiculously CUTE!! You nailed this Twofer in such a brilliant way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words and support, Nancy! I am really blown away by both your traditional trees design and your very clever triple ice cream tree cone! The overall designs are well thought and well executed and then you draw us in to stare for quite a while and enjoy all the beautiful details! I had the pleasure of playing with Magicals in BC and promptly came home and bought them, lol! Sadly, I've been busy getting my June/July cards prepped to send out so I haven't had time to play yet, Hopefully soon! Thank you for the inspiration and thank you so much for joining in Twofer Card Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such clever use of those dies Nancy! WOW! Spectacular cards in color and design~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nancy! I am blown away by these amazing, bright, and fabulous cards! Magicals and Catherine Pooler ink - the two items I've been drooling over since the craft house in March! You've pretty much put my finger over the "purchase" button now! Those pink trees with washi tape trunks catch my eye with your white framing, and how creative to make a triple dip cone! I know those sprinkles had to take some time to perfectly place them "randomly"! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Nancy! Both are so amazing and such a creative use of the trees. Love the bright, happy colors!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!