Sunday, September 30, 2018

12 Kits of Occasions: September '18


Hello! And welcome to September's 12 Kits of Occasions!
A big BIG THANK YOU, Lindsey for our monthly kit photos!
Kim Higgins, from Cupcakes Cards and Kim, is our hostess this month, 
and she gave us all the above sea themed goodies.
Under and Over that is! If it swims or floats, it was in our package.
Kim has a guest this month, one of our own, Joyce Mehrberg.
Be sure to visit her, Joyce always wows with her creations!

Starting off with 2 mermaids and a shaker.


I so love MFT's Mermazing Mermaids! Had to give them a shaker to float on!
Those are Poppystamps' Mermaid sequins, and PTI's Pierced Oval frame.
The darling mermaid paper, and sentiment were in the kit.


Hard to see in the big photo, but there's a bit of Sheer Shimmer Spray on the mermaids.


Ellen Hudson's Otters are on VaCa, and sending all of you 'Oceans of Love'.


I LOVED coloring the images to suit the papers Kim sent us.
PTI Scallop Frame.


Just had to give baby otter his own setting, and use that adorable sentiment!
PTI Reef Builders & Pierced Rectangle Frame.
Fish and shells included in the kit.


Kim also included the blue enamel dots. Just perfect for bubbles!


My girl on a raft has been floating a bit longer than she should, and has quite the tan.
Where's her sunscreen?! Oh, I can remember using baby oil to accelerate tanning in
my 'younger' days. Who ever thought skin needed protection???
The scallop frame was the piece left over from PTI's Scallop die cut.


Girl, seriously, at least wear a sunhat!

That's it for me! A big happy thank you, Kim for a kit I loved!

Hope you enjoyed, and hope you'll visit each of the 12 Kits' gals!
And don't forget to say 'hi' to Joyce!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, each card is so adorable Nancy. The mermaid shaker card is so darling but the little otter holding the handbag is a hoot! I was a baby oil sun lover too. Yikes! What were we thinking?? Your little bathing beauty looks like I remember looking. Super cute cards all around my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Just love all your fabulous cards. From your sweet otter with the handbag to the sun burnt pool girl and yes I remember those days of using baby oil and we would add something else to it, but don't remember what it was but we all wanted a tan no matter what! She is just adorable! love your sweet mermaids with those pink cheeks and all the sparkle, so fun! Your shaker is sweet and just love your adorable otter with all the fun ocean plants. Looks like you has so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, SWEET cards Nancy!! Your shaker card is just ADORABLE with those lovely mermaids, and I am totally in LOVE with both your Otter cards...the one holding his fish just cracks me up!! LOVE the papers you used for those cards too!! And your sunbathing beauty is so darn CUTE and yes, I remember the baby oil days too! GREAT cards this month Nancy, but then they always are...always LOVE seeing your work!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nancy. You did such wonderful things with all the stamps and dies, and especially with the patterned papers. Love all of what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to love, Nancy! Your little mermaids look so sweet. The otter with a purse is especially fun and so unexpected!! Adore the papers and added elements you used for otter #2. And I love your creative sunbather who had stayed out too long--another cutie!! Sorry I have been having problems leaving comments on your blog. Lost three in one day before I realized they weren't going through. I think I have solved the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you've done it again, made major cuteness happen with a kit!! The shimmer on your mermaids is terrific. That little bathing beauty will regret no sunscreen in her later years LOL!! My favorite today is the baby otter card. What a darling little habitat you've created for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness overload! I adore your shimmery mermaids! Your coloring is fantastic, Nancy! You even made the little girl on the float look a little sunkissed. And your otter cards reeeeally make me wish I had more of them. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where to start? Wow! I love the bright bold colors, but the little otters stole my heart.. her with the little bag, him with the fish (of course!) Love the patriotic colors on the MFT Pure Innocence girl.. summer is always red white and blue to me. Brilliant to use a negative die cut to create a frame / pool for her! Love that pop of red in the coral too - bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all darling Nancy! Fun, bright and happy! Love the shimmer on the mermaids ! What a match with the patterned paper and the otters! The otter holding the beach bag made me laugh out lout that was a fun touch, Nancy! Hope you enjoy the weekend and cooler weather.
    My daughter down the street from me has three chickens and a small coup. Kids are having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!