Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Gather With A Grateful Heart


Hello, and thank you for visiting! I have a post today for MIM's challenge
featuring Laurie Schmidlin and Faux Gilded Leaves.


My DH and I are visiting our daughter, and I brought some supplies to play with 
while away. Fortunately Leaf Prints was one of the sets I brought along.
Laurie mixed her embossing powders to create a gilded look on her leaves. So 
much fun, I can't wait to do this again!


Forest Floor: August had this cool shaped banner, and I loved the sentiment,
and the darling acorns, so they got some gilding too.


Text and Texture: Leaves and Pierced Rectangle Frames.
The powders I used are from a set I've had, of course with no names on them. 
The iridescent aqua looks so good with the copper, I love using them together.
Then there's the gold and a touch of silver, just pure richness!

Laurie, thank you! Your card and tutorial were fabulous!

Have fun, and play along on the PTI blog.




15 comments:

  1. WOW...absolutely GORGEOUS my friend! Being out of your own craft room definitely didn't stop you from creating pure loveliness...those leaves are just STUNNING!! And the text and texture background and pierced frame finish off this card so beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card Nancy!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, Marcia took the words right out of my mouth...this is GORGEOUS and those leaves are STUNNING! Enjoy your visit with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Nancy. I love the colors on your leaves. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Nancy! I love the colors on your leaves...so rich and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Nancy! The colors on those leaves is amazingly rich and vibrant. A fall beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nancy, what a glorious card for fall! Those gilded leaves knock my socks off! Adding a frame makes this a keeper to be brought out every year as a table top decoration! Enjoy your daughter and safe travels! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Nancy! The colors of your gilding are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frame looks like a window watching those beautiful gilded leaves fall from the tree outside :-) Love the background and design too, Nancy!
    Enjoy your visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Nancy your gilded leaves are so gorgeous. Love how you framed them. Beautiful card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty. I like that you have leaves in the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, another stunning card, and you brought along the right supplies. Still waiting for restocking of Pierced a Frames but now I want Forest Floor: Autumn, too. Enjoy your visit, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your embossing is glorious! The background is perfect for this fall card, as well! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning elements! Love the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty!! That turquoise added into all the fall colors is just perfect. I love all the details that you in this layout. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!