Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Card Concept: Summer Swirls


Summer's here (if you haven't noticed!), and The Card Concept is challenging
us to choose a style and do a card for our latest inspiration photo:


The first thing that hit me (should say, SLAMMED me), were those
bright primary colors! 
And from there I did what I love to do most... Quilt!
A SAHM, I had a cottage company sewing baby quilts for cribs. The 
combining of patterns and colors was something I loved. And you know what
they say... 'do something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life.'
At least I think that's how it goes...


Haven't visited PTI's Quilted: Summer in ages, and just knew that's where I wanted
to start. From there, and with 3 ink colors, CP: Rockin' Red, Altenew: Ultramarine,
and CP: Tiara, I assembled my quilt.
PTI's Tag Sale: Quilted, popped up on a Country Fair double cut die cut.
(Betsy Veldman's Make It Market: Country Fair).


You know how some cards just bring you so much joy to construct? 
This is one that was darn fun! Was it the colors? The summery feel?
The pinwheel pattern play? 
~Don't think I'll put this set away just yet~

Hope your summer's off to a great start.
Don't forget to get your fingers inky, and
while you're at it, play along with us at The Card Concept!




7 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Nancy!! I haven't played with this set in just ages either...may have to get that out!! Love the bright colors and all the patterns, and of course all the detail on the outside edges of the card. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Sure wish Summer was here...in fact I'm not sure Spring has really even come to West Michigan! Been very wet and cool for months now...grrrrr! Send some Summer our way please!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Nancy! Love the patterns and design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy you had making this pretty card shows! I do love a good quilt and this one is simply marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! This card is gorgeous! I love your use of the bright beautiful colors! Perfection! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card...love all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilted card is just stunning in these vivid colors Nancy. I can just imagine how beautiful your handmade quilts are. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really fits with the challenge photo inspiration, Nancy! I FEEL how cozy, warm, and colorful that quilted card is! Just amazing! I'm glad your summer is off to an inky good start!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!