Saturday, August 3, 2019

Fresh For You


Just finished another week of grands, before they start school. 3 under the age of 10 and
 3 in their teens. It's been nonstop, from morning 'till night. 
But today was goodby in the morning, and time to play in the craft cave! Yay!
It's my first time to play with Betsy's mason jar, and sunflower dies. I wasn't able to
get the jar on release night, and Betsy let me know when it was restocked, so I 
couldn't wait to order it! I've just drooled over each and every card 
all of you have done!


The sunflowers all began cut from white cardstock and Copic colored. I LOVE how full of
dimension they become when layered together!
Next came the much waited for jar... what color to make my mason jar?


The jar is a 3 step process of stamping, and I decided to try to give my new treasure an
 inking from 3 different companies, PTI, Catherine Pooler and Altenew.
 I also left off the firststep on a few to create a clearer jar in each color way.
 It's a great way to spend an afternoon,
 just a favorite stamp set, a misti, and colorful inks! (you can't see it, but each color is
 listed on the back of each stamped jar). I also drew in a few stems with colored pencils.
The jar is actually the brighter pink in the first picture.


The sunflowers closeup, and you can see all the layers, and color possibilities. 
Blue sunflowers? Why not!


Have to say, the new Crimped Frame die is a favorite. I made my background paper 
from Poppystamps: Picnic Plaid, an all over stamp. 
It helps to have a juicy ink pad for all over 
coverage. The pink is CP It's A Girl, and the greens are CP Melon Ice and 
Altenew Limeaid.

With the exception of laundry, I have no other plans for the rest of the day~ Bliss!






6 comments:

  1. How pretty!!! These jars are really adorable and LOVE the sunflowers||| Beautiful plaid pattern and frame layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Nancy! Wow, when you play with a new set, you really play. lol I love all of the colorful jars! I really enjoyed making them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are simply amazing! Just love each one of your sweet jars, those colors are all so beautiful. Your sweet sunflowers are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I LIKE this so much Nancy! What a beautiful summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are drop dead GORGEOUS! SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had a chance to get anything from Betsy's shop just yet but those are both on my radar. Gorgeous flowers and jars and your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!