Saturday, August 31, 2019

Vintage Artichoke


Happy Saturday to you!
I recently got my order from Concord & 9th, and among their new
release was the Vintage Artichoke stamp and dies.


The Vintage Artichoke is a lined stamp, perfect for coloring.
I did 2, one stamped with Hero Arts' Wet Cement, and Copic colored, the other
stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Kraft, and colored with pencils.


The sketchy quality of the stamp gives the image a wonderfully shaded form to
each 'petal' of the artichoke. But the fun comes when you use the die to cut
the choke's petals.


Isn't that genius? And who doesn't love artichokes? Dipped in aloli, or some other
creamy delicacy... yum!



I've paired my artichokes with C9's Woven Plaid Background stamp die 
cut with the Greetery's Crimped Frame die.


Tried to keep both cards simple so the artichoke would shine, but couldn't resist 
adding the acorns and leaf to the Kraft card. They'[re from another C9 recently released
set called, Autumn Harvest.

Hope you enjoyed my post today and felt a little taste of autumn. 
We've cooled down to high 90's today, after a week of 102-104. 
So ready for fall!




6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Nancy, these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such stunning cards!! Amazing! Love both them and your colouring is just wonderful!
    I have never seen any artichoke stamp and die, these looks fabulous and I'm very impressed by the die that makes a partial cutting on the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Nancy! Love the vintage look of these artichokes and the acorns and leaves add a nice touch of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, I've never tried an artichoke, but they sure look wonderful on both of your cards!! I'm loving both color versions and that plaid framing has me drooling...I definitely need to get mine out and play!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I HAD to come by - to see what you've been up to! ALL gorgeousness, ALL the time, Nancy!
    The great big REAL artichokes also make gorgeous tea-light candle holders - ask me how I know!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic, so beautifully coloured and stamped!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!