Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Love card


We have a new challenge at the Card Concept, Cozy Cabin.


I created a Wedding or Anniversary card with Poppystamps' Simple Leaf Heart Split Border.
It's a beautiful subtle and simple die that I let shine using a wood embossing folder for the 
background.


The wedding topper in the background is from parents' wedding cake. My mom kept
it in a cabinet for years, quietly watching over the other knick knacks on the shelves.
When she was failing, she asked if I'd like to have it. Of all she passed on to me, this
sweet piece of her life of 49 years with my dad is my dearest treasure.   


Poppystamps' Valentine release is in the shop now, and this love with it's flourish tail
is among my favorites! 

The Card Concept Challenge runs for 2 weeks, and we love seeing what
inspires you from the photo.


I used the wood to inspire my Clean and Layered card. But there are many things
you could use for inspiration.
Our designers have lots more inspiration for you. 




Supplies

5 comments:

  1. This is perfect!! I love the wood grain with that heart border!! great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Nancy! The sentiment die is wonderful. The story of your dearest treasure warms my heart. A precious item to pass on to your children and grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Nancy. Great love story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful blend of rustic and elegant, Nancy ... with a lovely warmth that reflects the simple, flourishy sentiment ... gorgeous! How wonderful to have your parents' topper to treasure ... a truly special family keepsake! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card...and what a sweet keepsake from your parents! Love the woodgrain background and that awesome diecut!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!