Sunday, July 22, 2012

Papertrey Ink's Stamp A Faire 2012

It's Papertrey's Stamp-A-Faire!
So excited to be a part of this all day event.
Up at dawn, 5:00 on the west coast, coffee in hand, ready for the meet and greet challenge.
Nichole started us off with a beautiful card from the Natural Beauties Stamp set, given to those who purchased the camp set. Here's my card, really the same, but popped up the last flower on the bottom with foam dots.
Did I mention, my granddaughter Reagan is joining me all morning. She has her own supplies!

Every 2 hrs. each designer presented their tutorial on the challenge given.
8:am, Knots Badge, Ribbon Technique Challenge
I chose to do Betsy Veldman's technique of singeing pieces of ribbon and sewing them together to form a flower.
Here's my finished card.
Did an embossed floral background after the leaves were stamped. Added some twine and adhered to a  melon berry card.
10:am Memory Preservation Badge: Mini Book Challenge.
Let's just say I left this one for last, haven't done it yet!

1:00 pm Craft Conservation Badge: Limited Supply Challenge
Each team member showed their take, I LOVED Dawn's so I went with her layout.
I cut out each flower, as she did, Stamped my flowers, accented with Smokey shadow, and double stamped the sentiment. Let's just say, pleased with the result. Has a nice look.
Thank you Dawn!

2:00 pm Friendship Badge: Beaded Friendship Bracelets
The grandkids joined me in this one.
Nichole gave a great tutorial which helped to speed things along. We each did a bracelet, on stretchy string. Reagan hung a heart charm on hers!
Fun!

4:00 pm Rainbow Badge: Tie-Dye Techniques Challenge
Nichole gave 3 techniques
This is my finished card
I will try the other 2, just didn't have time!

6:00pm Correspondence Badge: Camp Card Set, Challenge
Begun, not done!

8:00 DIY Badge: Homemade Embellishments Challenge
Each of the very tallented designers had a tutorial. I chose Danielle Flanders who made her own Washi tape.

Here's my card
I can't do enough with the Hexagon die and stamp set! Created a card, with a pocket, that holds a homemade tag with a sentiment sewn on. I have many tags in my stash, a trick I learned from one of the designers. Just pop a tag on a card when you're in a hurry. They are useful for many things.
OK, if I had more time, I would have been more careful about which papers I would choose for the washi tapes.
Note: Many of the ladies asked what to adhere them with, I used my running tape. Not really all that pleased. Kinda can see it behind the tape.
Will wait to read what the others did.
That's it for now. Thoroughly and Happily Exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. That stamped flower one is out of this stinkin' world! I actually gasped.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!