Tuesday, August 11, 2015

PTI's Create Along With Us: August Release


'Create along with Us', a new challenge at Papertrey, gives 
their fans a chance to use the inspiration we've seen
from the brilliant designers.
On the first day of projects, I was blown away by this card by Nichole.


She used a leaf die to create a stencil, then filled it in with a stamp,
creating the most beautiful texture and translucency.

I chose Feather Finery dies to make a stencil.


With the stencil in place, I inked the edges, softening towards the middle.
Then using the smaller dot stamp from Feather Finery, I stamped and stamped off around 
the edges.
PTI inks: Canyon Clay & Ocean Tides.
I tried to rock & roll the sentiment (Vintage Linens), as Nichole did, 
but it simply looks like one solid color. :(
Rainstones, because I can never just let things be!

Love this new challenge the clever minds at PTI came up with.
Play along all week here on Nichole's blog:

14 comments:

  1. Nancy - that is such a cool technique and your card is just lovely - will have to give this a try - and thanks for your nice comment on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds do think alike Nancy...wait till you see my post tomorrow! :0) I love your version of Nichole's card...those feathers are just gorgeous!! And I love the rainstones on your card...they're a perfect addition!! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting image, great Fall colors! The rain stones are a really nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat technique! I love those bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow,Nancy ! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful feathers! What a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy this is so beautiful!!!!! Love the small dot stamp you used to enhance the edges and the rainstones are the perfect finishing touch! Gorgeous card my dear!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "How was that done?" was the first thing I thought when I saw Nichole's card. It's so fun that you made a stencil and tried it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your feathers are just gorgeous Nancy - Love the dots and the bold sentiment in red (orange?) just beautiful - and thank you for the encouraging comments you always leave me on my blog posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely brilliant and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful, Nancy. I was very tempted to CASE this one also and after seeing yours, I think I'll have to!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!