Sunday, April 30, 2017

HLS Watercolor Challenge May '17


May 1st means a new challenge at HLS Watercolor Challenge!


You may or may not add the optional twist - red to your card.
Here's some inspiration for you,


I love a shaker card, and I have a feeling that the recipient does too!
The shaker element on my card is from My Favorite Things, and
it's called Replenishments. They're plastic cups that let you fill with
the sequins or shaker stuff, and pop right up, or in my case inside a 
die cut hole.
I embossed the butterfly from Especially For You, 4 times
before water coloring them with Kuratake pan watercolors.
Sentiment PTI's Swoosh die and happy from PTI's Happiness in Bloom.

Play along for a Gift Certificate to HLS' shop!






13 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE!! Your pairing the red and the purple is just STUNNING!!! I like the idea of the shaker cups. I will have to check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so vibrant and happy Nancy, a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card Nancy. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply stunning Nancy! The colors are so vivid. Your water coloring skills are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You did an amazing job with watercolouring. So beautiful and very captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bold colors for your detailed butterflies - they look like flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors really pack a punch! Love the red and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over the top amazing...your butterflies are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the purple and red together on your beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really cute shaker card. LOVE your butterfly arrangement and of course the watercoloured background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun shaker card Nancy, and I love how you used the butterflies to frame the shaker part. Love how you shadowed the sentiment too!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, I love the colours and the shaker focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful, I love the shaker element. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!