Erin demonstrates masking with die cuts.
She shared several steps I tried to incorporate,
first off, die cutting the masks with sticky notes that are all over sticky.
Don't have those, and wanted to do a card today, so applied
doubled scotch tape behind each die cut.
2. Create a background. Easy to do with the new Ombre Builders set.
3. Sponge on some color areas with ink.
4. Stamp images where previously masked. Topiary Trio had all the stamps I needed.
5. Mist area. Didn't go too well, so covered a blob with triple dies from Wet Paint.
6. Cover all splotched areas. Yes, I had 'em! Upper Right and lower left brick patterns added last,
and in Scarlett Jewel, because oops were unintentional in those very spots!
Love masking, do it all the time,
but Erin's video is full of designer tips worth noting!
Easy as 1, 2, ….6!
Catch it all here: