Saturday, June 7, 2014

SSS Monday Challenge


The Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp is to "Create Some Magic".

I have a book I've read to my grandchildren at least 100 times called, "The Magic Sewing Machine".
It's a charming story about 2 orphan children who are left a sewing machine that turns out to be magic.
With it, they take over and banish the wicked orphanage headmaster, find her gold coins, and 
save all the orphan children. Lovely colors and illustrations.
My card celebrates the children's book.


Tim Holtz' Sewing Blueprint, gold silver and copper embossed on PTI's card stock.
I fussy cut the machine and popped it up over a stamped image.
Background is a stencil of PTI's Cover Plate: Cross Quilt that was ink sponged in
Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, New Leaf and Blueberry. (PTI).
The button was solid green, I embossed the center in gold  to look like the gold coins in the story.




You can find the the SSS Challenge here, but you better hurry, ends on Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. I love those colors! Great combo! Thank you for sharing this card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is fabulous in so many ways! The background is really stunning and I love how you used so many colors blended together to bring it to life! I am such a fan of sewing machines and notions, so of course I was drawn in to your central focal point sewing machine. I really like how you added such life to it by fussy-cutting it out, giving it various colors, then using a more neutral background to frame it against. Love that button for the wheel, too! Really a fabulous happy card and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever take on the challenge!! I never heard of that book, it sounds fun. LOVE how you used the blueprint stamp here, with all those different colours. It is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing some magic with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just amazing! I love these new stamps from TH. I have to admit that I have never heard of that book , but now I am going to look for it. You sure put a lot of work and love into this card and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card! Love the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy! Congratulations on the Designer Spotlight! This is a gorgeous card, great colours and very clever! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the spotlight--you found such a clever (and pretty) way to use this blue-print stamp!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!