Thursday, March 23, 2017

Easter Blessings


Playing along with The Card Concept, where the inspiration is 
rich texture and this photo:


Love peonies, at least I think they're peonies, might
be roses. Have tried to grow them, but we get hot
summers, and cold winters, not a peony's favorite seasons!


The peonies are from PTI: Peonies On Parade, stamps and dies,
watercolored with my Derwent Watercolor Pencils, and
Gansai Tambi watercolors.
The textured bg was created with a woodblock rubber stamp
by Hero Arts called Hydrangeas.
The flowers and leaves were stamped with PTI's Lavender Moon,
Winter Wisteria and Amethyst Allure.
Bottom of the stamp with Hero Arts Wet Cement.
I flicked some paint onto the stamped piece before adding my die cuts.
Sentiment from PTI's Keep It Simple: Easter.
More rich texture with the bottom panel of Echo Park designer paper,
and some washi tape.
Irridescent sequins from Neat & Tangled.
Going with clean and layered, with some mixed media (watercolors)

Play along on the Card Concept blog here:



17 comments:

  1. This is dreamy!!! Love the soft coloring on your pretty flowers and your embossed sentiment on the vellum strip. Beautifully done Nancy...but then again, they always are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the way I wish my flower cards would turn out! I'm pinning this inspiring card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning work of art Nancy! This should be in a frame... on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those peonies, your card is beautiful, and ditto Kara Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nancy, this card is gorgeous. Every layer is beautiful. I love the irridescent sequin embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...this is one GORGEOUS card Nancy!! I'm envious of the person who receives this card for Easter and I agree with Kara Lynne...it needs to be framed! You definitely have a way with flower cards my friend and I am in total awe and in love!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, Nancy, this is outstanding! Whoever gets this should place it on the table at Easter and they won't need to buy a bouquet!! You have totally captured the picture! (I love peonies, too. They grow in Iowa, but not California, so I miss them, which is why I fell in love with your card!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWSA !!!!! This is stunning!!!! I love how the hydrangeas have the muted look and the peonies just pop off the page! And the gold! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing with us here at the Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Nancy, this is positively gorgeous!! The soft colors of your beautiful blooms so wonderfully capture the look of the inspiration photo! Peonies grow here and have always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....this is as beautiful as it gets. Love your gorgeous flowers, so much beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is fabulous! The flowers are gorgeous and love the background as well as all of your finishing touches! A true masterpiece for sure :-) Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- we love seeing your artwork in our gallery! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So incredibly beautiful Nancy. Every detail is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous! I especially love how you layered your flowers and giving the hydrangeas a loose watercolour look. So dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, this floral scene is absolutely amazing! I love your beautiful colors and subtle texture - beautiful, as always1 Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is sensational. So dramatically breathtaking. So glad you could join us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations and the card is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW..this has to be one of the most beautiful card creations I have EVER seen. So soft and lovely and divinely sweet and elegant and vintage with texture. I truly think it is a great work of art!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!