Thursday, March 9, 2017

Envelope for a handmade card.


In my previous post, I showed you a card for my aunt's birthday,
with a gift card inside.
We are challenged to complete our cards with some creative 
packaging, such as an envelope, all ready to mail.


I made an envelope from PTI's Pale Peony Designer Cardstock,
a Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punchboard,
and stamps from Color Pop Florals, and a frame stamp
from Monthly Moments: Travel Plans.


Do you have people in your life that love your crafty card making?
My aunt, my dad's only sister, loves my cards. She keeps every one!
Whenever I visit, she takes me on a tour of my cards on display! 
And I can't think of a better reason to make her cards and yes, her 
envelopes extra special!


I stamped the back of the large dot Peony card stock, before using my envelope punch,
then folded and glued the flaps.
I love doing custom envelopes to match a card. A bit extra work,
but well worth the effort!

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!! I am loving this envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your envelope and card are gifts in themselves!! Beautiful work Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Nancy...your card and envelope are AMAZING!! Totally in love with this set and your aunt will be too! And don't you just love it when someone keeps all your cards?! I have a girlfriend who has saved every card I've ever made her for the past 17 years!! But anyway, your card and envelope are both a work of art and just GORGEOUS...love them both!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely ensemble Nancy! Your aunt is so blessed that you put so much love into this for her. My mother was my biggest fan when it came to my home made cards. When I was cleaning out her craft room I found cards that I had made 23 years ago when our son was born, before I was even into stamping. It's so wonderful to be in the business of making heart treasures. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you never cease to amaze me with your creations. This one is just beautiful with that coordinating envelope. What a great idea to use the back of the pattern paper - we have enough of it from the sale, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your aunt will adore her gift! You know I am talking about the special card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought of stamping the back of PTI patterned paper! What a brilliant idea - and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these exude beautiful sophistication...a darling duo and so envious of your Aunt that you would make such a wonderful gift for her! She must be very special, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!