Thursday, October 19, 2017

Peace card


Make It Monday at PTI features the artistry of Melissa Phillips, 
who wowed us with 3 gorgeous samples of wreath building, found here:


I must be slipping because I only have a couple of wreaths to work with,
one being the die Melissa used. Found this one (Enclosed Wreath), 
and had some fun with building my card around it.


Had to go with pinks, in honor of Melissa, and her incredible talent with pastels!

Embossed my die cut 4 times with Stampendous Shabby Green EP,
and sponge inked and stamped the Doily Tag Base with Beautiful Berries: Winter.
2 colors for the fern: Mint Julep & Green Parakeet.
2 colors for the berries: Berry Sorbet & Pure Poppy.

Background is stenciled with PTI's Polka Dots, Sweet Blush on Sweet Blush cardstock.

A peek on the inside


It's so much easier to finish the inside while the stamps are on my table,
one less step when addressing my cards.


Loved this technique, and plan to do several cards using these stamp sets...
while they're still handy on the table!

Thank you Melissa, and thank you for visiting,
Happy Crafting!



20 comments:

  1. Utterly breathtaking! I do love it when great minds (ours) think alike. I was wishing I had a nice wide piece of ribbon for my card but it worked out okay. Love this card, Nancy. So beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful Nancy. I like the soft fading dots on the background. It seems to make those stunning berries stand out even more. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS Nancy! And I must be slipping too, as I don't have that Enclosed Wreath and in fact didn't even know it existed...how did I miss that?!! It made an absolutely beautiful starting point for your lovely berry wreath! Absolutely LOVE your pink polka dotted background too...I'm sure Melissa is swooning just like I am!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love how you've combined the wreath with the Winter Berries. I also noted how well that wide ribbon goes with the Doily Tag base. (Now I know what to do with my wide ribbon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you displayed your beautiful wreath on the Doily Tag base and slipped into a card (so clever)! Always fun to see your creations, Nancy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunner! I am loving all of the details you included in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL Nancy!! Love the wreath you've built, marvelous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Nancy! Your work always makes me smile. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Nancy. So elegant. I love how you can layer things up and it looks perfect. Not a talent I have. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty with all it's layers. I like how you used the wide ribbon behind your image....I have to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That doily die is amazing and so pretty. Fabulous card--love the striped ribbon with the gorgeous greenery and berries--beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful, Nancy! Love how you used the die cuts and Winter Berries on this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I am really loving the pink. Your sparkly wreath and Peace die cut are lovely as are those pretty berries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In a word...fabulous! Your card is definitely "on point" with Melissa's style. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card! I love how your used the Beautiful Berries!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Nancy! This is beautifully done inside and out! Love the wreath design and that stripped ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are just lovely and getting me into the Christmas card mode! I need that rustic wreath...I have limited wreaths as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a showstopper, Nancy! I so love that wide striped ribbon on this beautiful card! Love the soft touch of blended pink in the background .

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!