Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Give Thanks


The theme is Sentiment Windows at PTI's MIM with Dawn McVey. 
She shows us how to cut and embellish a view into our cards.


I cut my window with Brushed Off: Oval (the smaller die), after adding Simply Chartruese
Pattern Pack's plaid and vellum to the front of my card.
2 images were stamped in the window, one with a sentiment, the other full of corn.
Kind of Corny.
Here's a look on the inside


First stamped the sentiment corn, with Orange Zest & Terra-cotta Tile, masked it, 
and did the stamping with the corn kernel image. 
Happy Thanksgiving was stamped with Americana, which was also the base color 
for the kernel corn.



I think depending on the season, if you asked me 'what's your favorite autumn set,' 
Leaf Prints has to be at the top. Gorgeous shaped leaves and veins, perfect for ombre stamping, 
and included is this sweet stamp to add to the back of my card, ready for my signature.


PTI twine, and button (Vintage Button Mix)

I love seeing what everyone creates each Monday, using these video tutorials.
I've learned so much over the years, from the talented designers and from
all of you too. 
Thank you Dawn! And thanks to all of you!
Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. I love that sentiment on the indian corn!! What a fabulous idea for your window sentiment card Nancy. But then again, your ideas are ALL fabulous!! I hope to find time to give this MIM a go, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and I love that it is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever you are Nancy! Love your sentiment on the corn and the whole card is just a beautiful masterpiece! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you never run out of ideas Nancy...have I ever mentioned how much I love coming to visit your blog?!! Seriously, this is a FABULOUS card and I love everything about it! Your color blended leaves are magnificent and love the bright and beautiful colors of your corny corn in the window too! GORGEOUS card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another `wow´! card from you, Nancy. Especially like the idea of ripping that paper, really gives it the extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design, Nancy! The layering is wonderful and the colors are so great for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Autumn card, Nancy. The colors are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The leaves, the corn, the colors...I really like it all! You inspired me, my next card needs to be a fall card =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these rich fall colors, the torn edges, and vellum overlay! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!