Monday, January 22, 2018

Mixing Up a Batch of Thanks


Our challenge this week at PTI's MIM is to created a shadowed sentiment.
Lizzie expertly shows us how on her video here:



I was celebrating the arrival of my PTI order, with the Life is What You Bake It set,
and decided to create my card around it.
My bg is a stenciled plaid created with the Horizontal Stripe Coverplate die.
The die cut vellum was first stenciled with Spring Rain, then the vellum stencil was
turned and stenciled with Bright Buttercup.


One of the corners from Floral Flaps gave me an 'awning' over the
spoons and sentiment.

Love this technique, and can't wait to do it again!

Have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. Popping by playing catch up Nancy. Everything is as pretty as ever. All beautifully layered and beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you made Nancy! Such a pretty card , loving that die cut at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your background and that corner lace with your new stamps! Your card really gives the sense of "kitchen" in a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nancy! I love the warm colors and the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet homespun card Nancy! The shadowed sentiments came out really nicely. Such a sweet way to express your thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just LOVE playing with new stamp sets?!! I got that set too but have been too enamored with the Brushed Birds to get to the baking set just yet...but I will!! And what FABULOUS inspiration your card is too! I love how you made your bright and FUN plaid background using a cover plate die turned stencil...so clever Nancy! And I love how you used the die cut flap too! Of course the shadowed sentiments are FABULOUS as well! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I love how you created your background and since I have that CP, I'm going to have to try it too. Your card is so Spring like! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!