Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fusion #7


Fusion #7's inspiration: to choose the photo, the sketch, or fuse both.


I love playing with this challenge, and I love to fuse the 2 inspirations.
One of my first stamps was this large woodblock from Stampington
called 'Papillion'.


I've been playing with making my own bg papers, this wood one from a tutorial Melissa Phillips 
did last week on Make It Monday.
 It's a 3-D paint that has iridescence, so that set the stage for my dress form.
PTI cardstocks,
Oval: Lil Inkers
Copics
Sentiment 'Easter' from Cheery Lynn.
Dyed burlap strip
Wink of Stella


The spotted background paper is the byproduct of a PTI notebook page die cut.


A P.S. to this post, is a photo of the card with some purple dyed twine.
I removed it because it seemed just too much.
Ever do that?
I seem to love possibilities, until I do them, and then think, 'it's over done'.
It's a learning process, after all!

http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. So pretty nancy!! I love the glitter in the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness - I just had to come see this wonderful stamp when I saw your card at Fusion Nancy! Should have known it was from Stampington - so unusual and ornate - love all the iridescence in the colors - and your wonderful woodgrain panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the depth in these photos! So exciting. Such a fun, whimsical fairy Easter card. Colors are gypsy-like and rich. Full of texture and lovely layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the challenge! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh la la - this is so elegant! arty! and gorgeous colours! I love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do it all the time! I like both ways. Beautiful! I think you won another challenge as well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this card. Loads of hard work and great techniques. Yes do that all the time...What's in your head and then you try it out, not so sure x Love the card without the twine I think but hey they are both gorgeous. Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bright colors and fun take on this! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy!! What a fun, layered card! I really love your touches of purple in the woodgrain background. What a different look to something you see all the time. The coloring on your stamp is just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!