Sunday, April 11, 2021

Waffle Flower Guest Designer

 


It's a happy day dance I'm doing today! I get to be a guest designer for Waffle Flower!
My über talented friend, Jeanne Jackna asked if I'd join her team to showcase 
WF's April weekly challenge. The theme for April is sewing, and I'm featuring one
of their stitching dies.



I love any sort of needlework, and crosshatch is a favorite.  


The die is called Stitchable Pinking Rectangle, just right for any pattern you'd like 
to create. They even include one with the die.


Originally I chose these 3 colors of embroidery thread, but changed my mind after 
starting the card. (OK, don't judge me, I'm fickle!)


I started with the green, full 6 strands, and carefully counted my holes between the
diagonals. Next the green, then teal, and finally grey and darker green in the opposite
direction. This is a pleasant evening's work while watching TV, and I loved the look of the
pale blue behind and through the unstitched holes. 
The added die cut is Waffle Flower's Potted Lily. The sentiment is included in
the stamp set. 


Lots of foam pop ups for extra dimension.

Hope you'll play along with this week's challenge, and try your hand at one or more of 
Waffle Flower's Pinking dies. There are many in the shop, all shapes and sizes! 

Hope you're enjoying a happy healthy spring!







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on guesting, Nancy, your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have a couple of these dies and haven't dragged out the DMC yet. Now I need to look for my needlework book to see the crosshatch stitch. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!