Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Merry Monday #96


Merry Monday's Christmas blog asks us to use holly on our card.


I loved the vintage feel of our inspiration photo, so I tried to recreate
a Christmas past.

I began with Waltzingmouse's Festive Foliage, 
and an antiquing method Heather Nichols showed us one Make it Monday.
By clear embossing an image several times, cracking and inking it, the image 
takes on a very vintage look. 
I guess I enjoyed it, because I did it several times on this card!


Frame is Memory Box cut from a foil paper.
PTI Cardstocks



Tag is an ancient Graphic 45 I picked up at Tuesday Morning one year.

Still time to play!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous vintage looking card, this image is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and interesting technique, you made a lovely vintage looking card. That foliage background is perfect . Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really hit the nail for creating a card based on the vintage picture. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the vintage feel of your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fabulous card. I really like vintage...and this one is vintage superb! Thank you for sharing the technique you used...It's on my to do list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Nancy! Love all the holly, great design and the vintage feel! This card is perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! I love your vintage style; the holly is BEAUTIFUL; and the crackling technique adds such a nice touch! Thanks so much for playing with our holly challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...what an incredible card Nancy! My eyes didn't know where to look first...I love the cracked technique, the foil frame, the background! This is a real gem of a card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow just like everyone else said! You sure pulled off vintage in the most beautiful way…. The crackle , the dies and that tag… I love this one! You my friend are so very talented I am awed!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!