Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Card Concept 2: Texture


The Card Concept Challenge this week is to use texture on your card.
I love texture! I love using texture. But this is not my first card using texture!
(Nor my 2nd!)
Finally did one that I sort of like. (sigh!)


I loved Teresa's card in the lineup with the corrugated paper, and decided to incorporate
some in my card.


Not sure whether to call this a 'Classy Elegant' or a 'Freestyle Collage'.

Memory Box Toulouse Background die (cut 3 times)
PTI card stocks and vellum.
PTI Pure Poppy dp leaf paper
PTI Boutique Borders: Mother
PTI The Best is Yet to Be sentiment
Lindy's Stamp Gang spray mists in Blue Hawaiian Blue and Tiffany Lou Blue
Silver sewing thread and Copic colored pearls

If I have time, I think I'll try again. Just not in my card happy place yet!

8 comments:

  1. My guess is Classy and Elegant...lots of layers, classic, swirly sentiment...sparkly rhinestones, stitching...all Classy and Elegant elements in my opinion. I love this and am so excited you have been inspired by the Card Concept Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this is a gorgeous card!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitching and the corrugated paper...such great texture. Your use of die-cuts is awesome on this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say it's collage-y. Love the corrugated texture and how the blossoms pop against the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture is beautiful and I looove the background! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy this is gorgeous, I love your texture and the greenery--fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Nancy! It is so hard to classify some cards- some just defy being put into a category! The corrugated paper was a great choice; it looks like a wood fence behind your die cut flower garden. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! !
    I will send the favorite song of me today.
    http://youtu.be/lMX7t8KhUnI
    XO
    Ryoma.Japan

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!