Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Dearest Valentine


Create Along With Us, Papertrey's challenge to pick from all 
their designer's fabulous release creations, and choose one to case.

I challenged myself this month, to come as close to a Melissa Phillips creation
as I could, with the stamps I had.
I'm such a fan of her work. Layers of lovely images, that seem to be put together
effortlessly yet perfectly!


Melissa's card, using the new bird from Brushed Birds.

My case of Melissa's card:


My case doesn't fall far from the source. See the bottom script?


I adore that about Melissa cards. Little touches of whimsy tucked in and around
that create interest wherever the eye falls.


Heart: Limitless Layers & Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches
Stamp A Faire 2014: Regency Era (Image stamped on heart)
bird: Nesting
flowers & leaves: Garden Party
Valentine sentiment: Birthday Classics: February & Regency Era
You & Me: The Best is Yet to Be

That's it, my case of Melissa's beautiful card.
I have a PTI bird, and I have so many florals to choose from.
Did I feel I had to order the new Brushed Birds? You bet!

Happy Crafting!






11 comments:

  1. Amazing, Nancy!! You certainly would do Melissa proud, taking her little bits of wisdom and tucking them in and around the main focus....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW oh WOW Nancy!! You definitely did Melissa proud with this STUNNING card!! Oh the layers...be still my heart! And all the little tucked in snippets...if I didn't know that I was on your blog I would have thought this was a Melissa creation!! Beautiful...absolutely BEAUTIFUL Nancy!! And I can't wait to get those Brushed Birds in the mail either, even though I have all kinds of PTI birds...just HAD to have them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so beautiful! I have to agree with both Marcia and Colleen...I am sure Melissa is just tickled pink over your stunning creation! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, and SO Melissa! Your layers are perfect. And, like you and other PTI fans, I too had to have those Brushed Birds even though I have many others:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS, Nancy! Love all of your details and stamping! Beautifully done! Great take on the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Nancy, this is so totally stunning! I admire your work so, so much! I had to order the new birds too. I already have a flock of them in my crafty cupboard but the new set was calling my name. Aaaahhh, the life of a weak and enabled crafter. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Valentine card Nancy! It definitely looks like a Melissa inspired creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy your card is every bit as gorgeous as Melissa's! You too have the fabulous 'layering' gene ;-) LOVE the stamps you used and your attention to each detail in your beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card really is stunning. Great CASE of Melissa's card. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Nancy! I am going to try to work on some of the challenges today and get a few things done.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!