Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas: March


Hello, and welcome to March's 'Keeping Christmas'. We are a group of friends who 
post Christmas cards and projects on our blogs once a month. 
Now, I, like all of you, have been housebound for a few weeks, and passed time in
my workroom creating purses. Paper purses!
Have a look... but be warned, this post is photo heavy!


I found a whole lot of designer Christmas paper stash, and together with a new 
die set from Concord & 9th, made 3 little handbags and one card. 


Purse one: Double sided DP from Anna Griffin. All the papers I used are sturdy Cardstock 
weight. I might mention too, I'll leave you a link or 2 on these dies and their construction.
Oh yes, the tassel, key fob and tag dies are included in the set... LOVE!


They open and close, and there's plenty of room for a gift card, candy, or small gift.


Cardstock from Poppystamps, released during last Christmas. I think the paper pad is still
available. 


This double sided cardstock has candy canes on the reverse. So cute!


3rd purse is also an old Anna Griffin pattern. I played with the handles and corners to 
make them look like patent leather by brushing on Glossy Accents.


One of the videos I watched on YouTube shows you how to align the purse body
die to make a card. And it fits perfectly into an A2 sized envelope.


Message embossed onto vellum, also cut with the purse body die.

Here's a closer look at the tags.


Like I said, the tag die and tie die are included in the set. I used an old PTI set 
(Enclosed Wreath) and a Concord & 9th sentiment on the purse tag.


This one was embossed with C9's Everyday Purse Stamp Set.


This was simply cut from some dp cardstock. I fussy cut the holly and added Nuvo drops
and glitter.


So I may have gotten carried away with this tag, maybe a bit too much? Oh well...
you can tell I had way too much fun with this set. If you follow this blog at all
you know about 12 Kits of Occasions, another friend group I'm in. Next month
I'm the hostess. Shhh, don't tell the others... but this purse is included in their kits...

.
I hope you can forgive the long post, and I hope you found some joy in 
remembering that better days are ahead. I wish you all God's grace and
blessings. Stay safe and well dear friends!





                           Concord & 9th Everyday Purse Builder Die and Stamp Set




10 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your purses are so adorable and so pretty! That's a fabulous idea to use Glossy Accents to make it look like patent leather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute! You're so clever! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely adorable, I love them. This die just arrived the other day and I cannot wait to play with it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purses are gorgeous! I would order one now but I don't know if they are still open and would ship them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Nancy...these are FABULOUS! I made one last month over at Michele's house before all this started, and Michele had said she would let me borrow the die once she finished to make some more, but I couldn't resist after seeing your quick link! May take forever to get it, but I'll just look forward to your kit next month to keep me tided over till mine comes! Never even thought of making them out of Christmas cardstock but they look so awesome with it and will make perfect Christmas gift card holders! Well done and thanks for the inspiration!! Hugs and stay safe! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these on FB today...SWOON!!! They are out of this world Nancy, just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! These are just fabulous! WOW! I need these dies too! Stay healthy and safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome, Nancy! i watched the video on how to create them and now I'm so tempted to order this die. Love your wonderful choice of papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...what a gorgeous collection of beautiful and festive holiday handbags!!! Love each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wowed by this post Nancy! I love all the papers you have used for these darling projects and the detail on each one is above and beyond! I like how you also added vellum to one of them on the inside and filled with lollipops ! Just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!