Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MIM #80 Making Garland

MIM with PapertreyInk, this week's tutorial by Ashley.
Making Garland
Or how to secure a die cut image on the garland.
I particularly found her stamping technique helpful. Standing over the die cut image to be stamped.
The sweet Mr. Bones stamp and die set became my choice for this week's challenge.
Can't help it, already thinking fall, and Halloween.
And this set is as fun to work with as it is to look at!
The skeletons are imbossed, while the 'webs' are stamped with fresh snow, so the 'BOO!' stands out.
Just happened to have some orange and black twine from last year.
So glad I included the Royal Velvet paper pattern pack in my order!
This will be a fun card to send to grandkids.

10 comments:

  1. Love the double banner. Your grandkids will think you are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card in the PTI garland gallery. Very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card!! I almost did the banner with the skeleton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The double banner is very creative! I love this stamp set! Great card, love the paper you used! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great Halloween card. The Boo is just perfect on the spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, soooo cute!!! I love Mr. Bones and he is patiently waiting for me to break him out and make something with him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love your card. That Mr. Bones is so awesome. Your grandkids will love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I love the background blocked with patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh this is sooooo cute...great idea to make them a banner! I have been making Halloween goodies for almost a month already rofl. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! After I made my card I had an idea to do dancing Mr. Bones too!!! Great minds think alike! :)

    Lauren
    http://laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!