Friday, August 24, 2012

Minty Fresh Challenge in Moxie Fab World

I ran across a challenge over at Moxie Fab World, looking inviting.
The challenge was to create something 'Minty'.
Explained as, "not too yellow, not too blue. Mint, that soothing shade in between".
Since I seem to love a good challenge, thought I'd play along.
My inspiration was a cool minty kitchen just made to welcome.
Photographed head on it's hard to see, but almost every element is lifted with foam dots.

Even one of the drawers on the cabinet is 'open' with foam dots, and a little lace tablecloth is peaking out.
Here's some basics on how I did it.
Got out the cricut machine and used these cartridges:
Sentimentals, French Manor, From My Kitchen, Birthday Bash and Joys of the Season.
The wainscoat on the bottom was a piece of minty cardstock I hand scored.

Last Christmas, several of my immediate family got this card.
A few adjustments, and it was adapted for the challenge.
That's my granddaughter Analise framed in the background. One of 10, I shamelessly boast!
White Cardstock, dotted melon berry, sentiment is from PapertreyInk.
I slightly bent the sentiment from Back Pocket Basics to fit the curve on the platter on top of the hutch.
Posies, aluminum 'handles' from my way too large stash.
Back in August of '11 a very talented Tracey Kelly was featured in the Cricut Magazine with the inspiration for my projects. She did a much more detailed cabinet, with many more elements. Gorgeous!
This is my first entry with Moxie Fab. Seems like I'll be visiting often.

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes yes. I adore this card. Who thinks to open a drawer? Always thinking beyond ..

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!