Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Shabby Tearoom Week 131-Creative Candy

The Shabby Tearoom's Week 131 features our challenge "Creative Candy"
Luscious fabrics, laces and soft muted pinks and aquas.
I a card within a card so I created my sentiment on a tag and slipped it into a die cut cardholder (PTI dies)
The picture framed opening on the front of the card is a Mat Stack 5 die, also from Papertrey.
The challenge was to feature lace, fabric and a button.
Lace and a button you can see. Can you see the fabric?
I photocopied a shabby rose fabric from my quilt stash, and distressed with tea dye ink, (PTI).
Dressform, cotton tread holder, sentiment, and embossed flouish at the top from guest host,
Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps.
Wanted to show a closeup of a new washi tape I just received from Freckled Fawn. I was disappointed when it came, it looked so dull, but on the paper it came to life! Soft, yes, but the lace comes alive when it's put down.

The inside features a vintage sewing machine on some polka dot aqua paper, with mor washi tape on the side.
Lace on the card pocket vintage.
A lovely challenge, check out the rest of the entrys!


3 comments:

  1. This is by far one of my favorite. I always think that the inside of the card is often forgotten in the creative process. This card is the WHOLE sha-bang! Probably, in my opinion, one of your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible. You're ridiculously talented. The funny thing about the inspiration photo is that it looks like someone walked right into your studio and took a photo.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!