Thursday, September 5, 2013

Festive Friday - Trigger Challenge

The challenge this week at Festive Friday is a Trigger:

So many things came to mind, including several stamp sets to use, 
ended up with picking my sentiment first, and building around it.
Using PTI's newest mat stack die set, I embossed Silent Night from Happiest of Holiday (PTI), in Sapphire, Eggplant and silver powder. The Mixture looked to pretty to toss, so it was the powder used on the frame.
From there the card told me what it wanted to be like, white embossed pine needles and silver pinecones from PTI's Peaceful Pinecones stamp set.
I sponged aqua mist and winter wisteria over the embossing, and misted it.
A Silver ribbon, an embossed pinecone diecut and a few rhinestones completed the card.
Soft and peaceful, don't you think?
Play along with Festive Friday here:

12 comments:

  1. You wow us every time with your gorgeous cards. This one is a double wow! Love all the gold embossing over vellum. I had to go back up and look at it again. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So rich and elegant! Love the soft background and all the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just won my vote on this one Nancy! This is just absolutely beautiful...I would frame it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is so elegant! I love the embossing powder combination. Everything element just goes together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. I love how you mixed those embossing powders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely GORGEOUS card. I seriously cannot get over how beautiful this is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that card is a symphony on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that card is a symphony on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the embossing, particularly on your sentiment! This is beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy this is GORGEOUS! I love the pine one set and the embossing is stunning! Each of your cards is just so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors couldn't be any prettier with that embossing and beautiful ribbon, Nancy! Just gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for joining us with this beauty at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!