Monday, April 7, 2014

The Card Concept #7


Challenge #7 at Card Concept is 'Butterfly'.
We are to incorporate a butterfly in our project using the card concept styles.
I'd say the style is Classy & Elegant because of the gold and classy paper.


I was in Sacramento last week, and always try to find a scrapbook store wherever I am.
My daughter suggested a shop called 'Paper Garden'. 
Tucked in a corner of a brand new shopping center, with the most wonderful breakfast bistro,
I was lost amidst new lovelies beautifully displayed. 
The Paper Garden is the creative genius of Stephanie Nishikawa,
who has dressed her sweet store with enchantment I hadn't seen before,
Such as this sweet kimono wood block stamp


Stephanie showed me a card she made, using the stamp and fan folded Japenese paper.
Love it!
My card set is my own version, with some added butterflies and a bit of bling.
The kimono reminded me of a butterfly with the sleeves outstretched like wings.


Each of the 4 cards features the kimono, gold embossed, with the centers of each bloom and branches
bleached out, a technique from a past MIM at PapertreyInk. 

All cardstocks PTI
Stamps: Kimono, Judikins; arigato & butterfly; Memory box

The completed set features the kimono stamped on a different color card stock, and accented with 
different background colors.




The set of 4


Still time to add your butterfly themed card,
find the challenge here:

Challenge #7 - Use a Butterfly Theme


If you're ever in the Arden Fair district of Sacramento, CA, 
and have the mind to be lost in a garden of paper loveliness, stop in
and enjoy the Paper Garden!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you live in Sac! I'm only in Redding ans come to Sac alot! We should meet up sometime! Isn't the paper Garden in the Pavillion? I believe its where I went to take a Julie Ebersole class last fall. If so, its a wonderful shop !! After my daughter has the baby shower we will be coming to Sac to pick up the rest of the stuff she needs and I'm dragging her there! Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of cards. Love the colours, the unique idea and the layout is gorgeous. Yes I agree the kimono does remind you of a butterfly. Just love all of them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set of cards. The paper fans are just beautiful and that Kimono stamp is so gorgeous and I love all that gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning, Nancy! I love the way the paper continues from the fan across the card front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love all the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the same card design with 4 totally different and gorgeous outcomes. The gold embossing is perfect for this stamp too, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!