Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Our Savior Lives!


Make It Monday this week is with Melissa Phillips, and she uses an 
embossing enamel for texture on her card. 
I've never applied my Stampendous Shabby Green the way Melissa did, and
was happy to learn a new technique with an embossing powder I already loved.


Starting with the bg, I used a PTI stencil, and sponged inked my colors with Tim Holtz' 
Distress Oxides, and wet the stencil before laying it onto my inked panel.
Marcia Hill shared this technique with us all at our retreat in Kansas.
Just love the effect! 
Cut Fun Frames several times, and treated the center with Lindy's Magicals
before adding the Shabby Green Embossing Powder.


My egg and die cut sentiment are layered, both cut with shimmer cardstock.
I found the silk ombre seam binding ribbon in my stash, and think it's a bit
bright for the card. If I do a repeat, I think white ribbon would be better.

I love to send out Easter cards. And this along with others, will be sent out this week.

Here are links to the PTI products I used:







9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nancy! Love the colorful background and the embossed enamel! Great take on the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Easter card!!!! I love the ribbon my dear! I think it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card Nancy! LOVE that background (isn't that just the most FUN technique?!) and your fun frames are just lovely with the embossed enamel and the Lindy's Magicals (I can just imagine the shimmer and shine!!). All your die cuts look so wonderful against the backgrounds and just POP! Lovely card my friend...just absolutely lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Nancy!! I love your colors...so bright and Spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each and every detail flows together perfectly Nancy! This is an amazing card, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes He DOES!!! Love your card and message Nancy~gorgeous bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the cross and Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Nancy. Your colors are really great for this Easter card. Perfect splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the beautiful background technique, it’s so subtle but impactful at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!