Tuesday, August 13, 2019

You


Hello! Hope you're enjoying summer's end, and are looking forward to cooler
weather. I know I am!

I'm playing along with a couple of challenges, Altenew's August Inspiration Challenge 


and, The Flower Challenge, Use your Favorite Flower.


My favorite flower at the moment is a new plant added to my yard, 
Midnight Rose Hibiscus.


I have seen hibiscus before, but never this size or color. When I brought home the plant
(I bought 3) it was about 2' high and had a couple of bud groupings. 


Honestly, would you ever believe these buds would open into such a 
magnificent bloom? 1st bloom measured 9".

So for today (only today, I'm fickle with favorites!) my favorite flower is the Hibiscus. 


Altenew's  Hibiscus Garden 3D was all cut from white cardstock, and Copic colored. 
I tried to keep as close to my Midnight Rose as possible. The die set comes with the greens
you see pictured here, and the smaller bloom I colored in purples to mimic the 
Allysum planted in the pots with the Hibiscus.
The background started out with an A2 sized card, white, covered with 
Altenew's watercolor washi. I added sprays and white paint droplets, then
cut the card with MFT's Wonky Stitched Rectangle.


'You' from PTI's Bold Borders: Arabesque. I doubled the diecut with gold for a little
glam.


The Hibiscus flower has gorgeous textured veins. I tried to add that look by streaking 
my die cut with the Copic pens.

Altenew asks us, 'how were you inspired by the photo?' 
Just about everything from the photo inspired me! Colors, soft fadeout greens, water
droplets... and May gave us a beautiful watercolor tutorial too!

2 challenges, one card. Love it when that happens!


Have a blessed week! 







11 comments:

  1. Oh my stars Nancy, this is STUNNING!!! A true masterpiece worthy of framing. BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Nancy:) This is truly stunning! A real masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stunning card is over the top Nancy! A true work of heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!! Oh my gosh Nancy, ALL of your cards are BEAUTIFUL, but this card is over the top STUNNING!! Just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I don't even know what else to say except that I love every tiny little detail on this work of art! A+++++++++ You win!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, seems to be the word! This is absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely STUNNING!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card and lovely flowers too Nancy. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This should be framed! You have given me inspiration to pull this set out. Thank you for sharing this Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Contrats on your win Nancy. Your card is a stunner! Donna Gourley

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!