Monday, July 18, 2016

Congratulations


Altenew has a themed challenge for July, Weddings
and this color filled inspiration photo


Altenew's florals are so striking, and embossed in gold, as in Yana's 
gorgeous card, even more spectacular!
Just perfect for a wedding card!
The problem is, picking one set over another.


Hadn't used their Lotus stamps and dies yet, so 
they became my focus for a 'watery' card.
Sponge inked and water splattered bg, in
Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn (Ranger Distress inks).


PTI's Circle Scribbles cut from gold mirror card stock,
sort of resembles water ripples. 
Zig watercolor pens: Light Carmine, Pink & Wine red for the lotus blossoms.
Light Green & May Green for the lotus leaves.
A few sequins on my water, and card panel onto a 
gold and kraft stripe cardstock.


One of the things I asked my husband for, was a Koi pond,
25 years ago when we moved to the country.
These beautiful blooms open with the sun, and close at night.
Wish I could have included a koi or 2, but they were shy when I 
took the photo. 

Play along with Altenew's July challenge here:

8 comments:

  1. This is stunning, lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy this card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the coloring and your watery background. The gold is so elegant, love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my comments mixed up on this card and your MIM card...oops! My comment on your Altenew card is on the MIM card...sorry, trying to go too fast! Your MIM card is just as lovely as your Altenew wedding card though, and I love how your spritzed flowers came out! Hope this all makes sense...crazy lady in Michigan needs to slow down! (in my defense though, I'm trying to get things done as I'm spending the day with my darling Addy!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The depth of color with that wonderful gold...Genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I am trying to figure out HOW to buy some ZIG markers. Did you buy a set, or individuals? How did you decide?

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous, love the colors and wonderful gold! Your watery background looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!