Saturday, January 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas: January


Greetings Blog Friends, and welcome to my 1st Christmas Card Making
January post! A monthly post especially for creating Christmas Cards.

I'm so excited to be joining a group of fabulous designers honoring Christmas all
year long. Vicki Finger asked if I'd like to join. Of course
I said 'yes'! Once a month on the 25th we post a Christmas card or 2, or 3. The 
object is to be ahead of the Christmas Card Rush. Wonderful! I LOVE Christmas,
all it represents, and all the sharing of a season of joy and giving.
So, with thanks to Vicki and Kelly Lunceford for inviting me, let's get to my
cards.


Christmas is a time to honor and send love to special people in my life.
Among those very special to me are 3 aunts I adore! They just happen to
think my handmades are collectible treasures. That means doing extra special things
that let them know how much I treasure them.
Creating brings me more pleasure than I can express. Last year I added
some of Spellbinders Shapeabilities die sets to my stash: Grand Snow Globe and 
Grand Holiday Cabinet, and ran out of time before I could use them. Isn't that
always the case during the busiest time of the year?
These die sets allow you to create a 3-D vignette, which
folds flat for mailing. (note: you do need extra postage).


There are 6 panels to be cut, a front, a back and four more to decorate creating a
vignette or scene. Together with the slotted side panels, your project becomes
a 3-D greeting.


For one of the 6 die cuts, I created a window with vellum. To do this, I traced around the
circle die, cutting it just a bit bigger so it could be glued to the back. This allowed me to
float the bird with the star as though it were flying toward the tree. The tree is actually
on the panel behind.


The finished vignette with it's matching card. The scene on the front of the envelope is 
done by die cutting a mask, inking around it with metallic gold ink, stamping the tree
and poinsettia (the Greetery), and drawing lines for the address. Very special for 
my very special aunt.


Card 2 features the Shapeabilities Grand Holiday Cabinet die set, paired with their
Reindeer Prance Layering Set.



This set also folds down for mailing. 


And the 3rd is another snow globe in red and gold.


This one uses some of the same elements as the first, with the addition of Spellbinders'
Starry Forrest set.


3 cards for 3 special people, all ready to send. I'm absolutely sold on doing
a few each month, and am thrilled I was asked to join 'Keeping Christmas'.
Be sure to visit all the designers. I know there'll be oodles of inspiration.
Here's a list:

Kelly Lunceford (Creator)










14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! So glad you joined us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Nancy! I'm so glad you've joined the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are spectacular Nancy! Happy to see that you joined the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are fabulous Nancy, welcome to the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Nancy, I couldn't be happier for you!! And boy oh boy did you ever deliver on your debut post!! These are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see you were also joining the team. Wow Nancy you outdid yourself with these fabulous cards, truly a gift all on their own! The detail and love that went into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, Nancy! Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, complex looking frames. I have one of those sets and have not yet made the card with it. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Nancy, and what a perfect addition you make to this team! Your 3 cards are absolutely STUNNING, and I've been going back and forth between all the photos to check out every little detail you added!! They are all simply gorgeous and your aunts are going to adore these special cards! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create each month...the 25th of each month has meaning once again!! YAY!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These are works of art that will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even with these creations, Nancy! They look like a professional artist designed them for a specialty boutique! The Hop Team is so lucky to have you be a part of the monthly Hop! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Nancy, I’m totally blown away by your Gorgeous, Gorgeous cards! I’ve never seen anything like it. I’m sure your aunts will treasure them . (I’d have it displayed year round!) Thank you so very much for sharing an outstanding post! ❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are breathtaking, Nancy! WOW. Your aunts surely will display these year round. I missed visiting last month so I'm catching up. Glad you have joined our hop! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!