Sunday, January 31, 2021

12 Kits of Occasions: A New Year of Birthdays

 


Hello, and welcome! Tracey McNeely is our hostess for January 2021. And her 
bright happy kit was filled for all things birthday. Have a look, but be warned, this
post is not for a quick look and be gone... I used just about ALL of Tracey's goodies
for 7 cards! A perfect kit to stock up on much needed birthday cards!


Many of the cards I make are for my crafty friends. The card above will come in handy!


If this colors don't brighten someone's day, I can't imagine what would!


The pinwheels and 'happy' were included in the kit. Fortunately I had the stencils to add 
a bit more celebration.


This sweet present laden bear was a hoot to color! I just used the colors from the
dp Tracey included in her kit.


All these letters that spell 'BIG' Birthday Wishes were in the kit. I stamped and colored 
them. 


What to do with the negative spaces? Make another card, of course!


The designer paper I received included a panel with this envelope. I carefully cut
along the flap line, and glued only along the rimmed edges for an actual 
working envelope. See below...


As the front flap is opened, a surprise...


The string, balloons and pinwheels were all in the kit! Stars and confetti in my stash.

Thank you Tracey! You're the best. I can't begin to tell you how I've treasured your 
kind and patient friendship. Always there to lovingly 'fix' a boo boo, or encourage
with sweet comments. As I opened the kit, I smiled. It was perfect! Full of just the
best, at the right time, (my birthday stash was depleted), reminding me what a 
treasure crafting friends are! 


Stay well, sweet friends! And craft on!


13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Nancy, you've blown my mind with all the ways you used Tracey's fun kit. I keep going back, looking at each and every card, to see how you made them. The colors on your cards are so vibrant and each one is a party in itself. I adore the bear holding all the gifts. He pairs perfectly with all the pinwheels and confetti in the background. I have to say that your last card with the balloons and pinwheels coming out of the envelope has me coming back again and again. Amazing makes my friend! Crafty friends really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh girl...you've taken Tracey's kit to the MAX!!! Every card is a colorful gem and sure to bring smiles to those lucky enough to receive one!! And I have to tell you that I love, LOVE your 1st card, because we were on the same wavelength using the crafty cup with the colorful town dsp behind it!! I kept thinking that these 2 don't go together, but yet they did, and having you verify it with your card just totally made me smile! And I love your envelope card too...how sweet is that?!! Amazing and AWESOME cards my friend...you totally rocked this kit!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Marcia! I knew if you also paired the cup of crafty with the house paper, it had to be ok. I always want to use as much of a kit as I can. We all put so much love and thought into them, it's nice show we enjoyed it. It's kinda like a puzzle when a kit would come, this with that and hopefully some left over... I will miss it!

      Delete
  3. I say nailed my kit would be an understatement! You made 7 amazing cards, adding just the right additional elements to make each card shine! I especially love how you combined the crafty mug with the city background. I was trying to do the same but didn't end up doing it--now I have some inspiration! The cupcakes just blew me away. Coloured perfectly and what a fun, fun design! Love the patterns used with the big birthday wishes and the envelope full of balloons? Fantastic. Thank you so much for making my kit look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You made that kit shine! Love each and every card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly, these are oodles of fun! All so bright, happy and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Your cards are always so fun to come and look at!! I LOVE your layering and how you used those gorgeous papers. You totally ROCKED this kit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nora! We all need lots of birthday cards in our stash!

      Delete
  7. A big wow to you, Nancy. I really love all of your wonderful creations. All so happy and colorful, and perfect to spread happy birthday cheer near and far. I think my favorite is that last card, with the envelope that opens up to such a festive surprise. I can imagine how fun that one would be to receive. Thanks so much for having me as a guest this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marisela Delgado said: Girl, you rocked these cards! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh , the colors are jumping out at me and the beautiful style in with you designed each card has me looking back at each card a few times. Absolutely love each one, something about the stamped blooms on the letters of " big" make me smile. Well done, dear friend. Sending love and hugs to you .

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!