Friday, April 7, 2023

Poppystamps Post: Junk Journal

 


Hello, Poppy Peeps! I'm up on the Poppystamps blog today with a Junk Journal, created
with a new die set. It's such a fun project and I've got pictures to show you here of
every page. Hope your drinks and snacks are handy, it's a long post!


The die set has everything you need to make a basic pocket sized journal. You make
it your own with die cuts, twine, tapes and stickers. I even added a flower paper clip.
I themed my little journal to take you on an Easter egg hunt. Come along and count
 the eggs. 2 on the front...


The main die gives you a book shape with a label. I cut 4 of these, turning two around
so the label is below the top one. 
Page 1, is a pocket with a fuzzy bunny. Within the pocket is a page with a chick.
Opposite page is an egg clipped onto a contrasting design. 


The sweet little chick is a sticker, as is the rainbow over his head.


Pages 3 and 4.


I added an arrow to the little butterfly pull out. always nice to give instructions!


Pages 5 & 6. The page corners are included in the set.


Pages 7 & 8 are a favorite... I used some Easter stickers from my stash 
on the pockets. (Pocket dies are also included in the set).


tiny treats revealed!


9 & 10, and I added Washi tape to the pocket of page 9


The bunny ears pull tab is the top of a butterfly die. 


A bunny in an envelope on page 12, and a bunny in a plaid pocket with washi eggs
on 13.


Page 14 is a pocket with another pull tab...


...revealing 3 floral eggs.
the last page has 2 tulip die corners for a photo. 
Egg total? I'll never tell!


I sewed my my journal with twine. and made a tassel.


Honestly, a 10 on the cute scale! And sharing a secret, it was my first
junk journal. Takes some time, but when your creative juices start flowing,
it's a blast! 


Still with me? Want to give this a try? 
Head on over to the Poppystamps blog. I've listed all product I
used for my Easter egg hunt junk journal at the bottom of my post.

Happy Easter!

Want to see it in action? Visit my Facebook page.
















3 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW! What a delightful post Nancy!! I loved every page of your junk journal and especially the pockets with the pull out surprises! I smiled the whole time reading this post...absolutely AWESOME my friend! Easter Blessings to you and your family Nancy! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marcia, and Happy Easter to you and yours too!

      Delete
  2. What an adorable little journal. It has given me so many ideas. I think it would be a wonderful alternative to a birthday card for a special friend. Your work is always so delightful.

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!