Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Grateful for You


Hi and welcome to one more post for Concord and 9th's challenge, Anything Goes.


You know how you visit one friend who leads you to another, and another...
Well that happened to me and I ended up finding a friend hop where there are prizes 
being given for comments, and I ran across a favorite, Jessica Frost Ballas.
(By the way, there are many favorites on the list!)
Just had to try a series of techniques I learned while visiting Jessica's blog.


The spray of fall florals is a stamp called Grateful For Everything, (C9).
Sentiment is from their Grateful Dies set.

Here's a short version of Jessica's steps: (she explains in detail)
smoosh colors on watercolor cardstock.
I used Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Candied Apple, Ripe Persimmon
Using my Misti, stamped the image in Hero Arts' Wet Cement, for a no line
watercolor look.
Then I colored the image loosely with copics.
Back into the Misti, which still had the image in place, and stamped with Versamark.
Like Jessica, I sprinkled on Gold Embossing Tinsel. 
I added some Stickles and my die cut sentiment, and mounted onto a 
black card base.

I LOVE this technique, and can't wait to do more with it.
Check out Jessica's blog here:


By the way, you might find some new friends going down the hop list!



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Nancy! The gold sparkle adds the right amount of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is stunning Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous CASE of Jessica this is, Nancy! Wow! Thank you for the shout-out for the hop!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...what a stunner! Jess sure is full of great ideas, and so are you. This card is a beautiful result of your two talented, creative minds. Isn't this set just wonderful, too? A perfect one for this awesome technique. And you entered the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge twice this month...I'm smiling ear to ear. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Nancy! So much sparkle! And I love your color palette. Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! And I love the colors you've chosen. Thank you so much for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!