Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Flower Challenge: Embossing & Altenew's Card Challenge


Hi my crafty friends!
I'm playing along with the Flower Challenge, a blog I've fallen in love with, where
the call is to use embossing: heat or dry.
Let's hear it for florals!


I used a stamp and die set from Altenew called Book Club.
Before I embossed my Aqua Mist yardstick, I stamped the leaves from
 Wallpaper Art (Altenew)and inked the leaves loosely.
sentiment PTI Birthday Classics: June.


The flowers were colored on Olive Twist cardstock with Faber-Castel Polychromos pencils 
after embossing in white.

My birthday stash is growing steadily. Don't you just love having birthday cards
ready to give?

The flower Challenge has a prize from Altenew this week, and runs through
the 25th. Plenty of time to play along...

Altenew's photo challenge is pictured here:


Cool photo with so many possibilities!

Have a blessed week!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my word Nancy, this is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy...this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've come to LOVE the Flower Challenge too and Altenew florals are just the best!! I love how you stamped your leaves first and then embossed your background layer...soooo striking!! And stamping your florals on the green cardstock and coloring with the pencils is just BEAUTIFUL!! Perfectly grounded with the sentiment in the circle too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Amazing and so stylish card!!! Love the design very much and your colouring looks fabulous!! The embossed background is delicious, as well the white embossing on kraft cardstock!! A masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a SHOW STOPPER!! SWOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Nancy this is so lovely!I just adore that fabulous stamp and how you used it on this card.The embossing looks so beautiful too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Flower Challenge 😀 Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet friend! It's been far too long since I've stopped by, and I apologize ... gosh I even missed your birthday!!! Shame on me... but when I spotted this gorgeous number in the Altenew challenge gallery, I didn't put off what doesn't seem to happen tomorrow either!!! lol Nancy, it's just absolutely gorgeous - LOve the colors you used on those flowers, and can't even grasp that they are pencil colored! You rock it ALL!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy...absolutely spectacular! Love how you created the seamless layers...ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!