Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas: August


Welcome to August's post of Keeping Christmas. We're a group of friends who post
Christmas ideas for cards, tags and Christmas decorations each month. Hope my
post today inspires you. The holidays couldn't come quick enough for me.



I've used a new Memory Box embossing folder called, Magnificent
Poinsettia. It touts a 3D image creation, and believe me, it's an impressive
embossing!


The first card, is embossed on Kraft, with white pencil with shading. My sentiment
is a new die from Poppystamps, Holly Merry Christmas. And that dp is also
new from Memory Box. Has a gold stripe running through each paper in the pack.


Card #2 was painted with metallic watercolors. Take a closer look for the sheen.


The impression made by the folder is super deep and textural. Let me just say, I use
a die cutting machine that adjusts for the thickness of the embossing folder.


The last card was touched lightly with copics, and then 'painted' with glue,
and sprinkled with glitter.

Each card has an envelope, a promise I made myself when I started with the Keeping
Christmas crew.


The Greetery has a trio of Christmas stencils for the flap of an envelope, one
of which is poinsettia. 


Each stenciled envelope completes my card, and will help make life 
a little easier during the Christmas rush.


Memory Box also has glitter paper I used for this card. 
My supplies will link you to the store. 

Be sure to visit each of the other designers for more inspiration!

Kelly Lunceford (Creator)


Supplies

11 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy!!! These are spectacular!!! Love them all, but the softness of the last is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning set of cards Nancy, they each have there own appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nancy what a stunning set of cards, each one so gorgeous too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy these are absolutely stunning and oh so elegant for Christmas! Such an artist! The different shimmers and shading took my breath away! Wow!!! Hope the smoke is not too bad by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! The smoke is the worst! It settles from all over the state into our valley, like a blanket, turning the sun red! How's your air? Take care.

      Delete
  5. You've outdone yourself, my dear! These are gorgeous! Such beautiful combinations of colors and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cards, Nancy! Thanks for introducing me to this embossing folder, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm head over heels in LOVE with that Poinsettia embossing folder Nancy...it and ALL 3 cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Loving all the dimension and all the shimmer and sparkle too! Lovely, lovely cards (and envelopes!) my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve certainly put that magnificent embossing folder to magnificent use on your beautiful cards!! Love each one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your set of cards, Nancy. The Poinsettia is stunning, I can't believe how your coloring and shading made it look like a stamped image. Simply gorgeous!
    Praying you get relief from the fire smoke ~ it must be horrific :-(

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!