Wednesday, August 5, 2020

The Card Concept: Dog Days of Summer


The Card Concept has a new challenge for you, Dog Days of Summer


Before Covid hit us, I adopted a puppy after years of not having a dog.


Ella Belle is a Poodle/Maltese mix (and I'm sure there's more thrown in there),
and she will be one year old next month. 
She's won our hearts, despite chewing baseboards, and marking her territory
throughout the house. I forgot how much work training a pup requires!
I decided she's smarter than my husband and me, as we are the ones who
have been trained! She knows when to get me up, when to go for a walk, 
when it's time for a treat, and when to alert me that the wind is blowing 
outside!
Oh how I love her!


When I saw this puppy die from Simon Says, Lil' Critters: Schnauzer
(Oh I'm sure there's some Schnauzer in her too... she loves to dig!) 
I knew I had to have it! For this card, I Copic colored my puppy, 
and added sentiment words from Don't Forget to Write,
Betsy Veldman set from PTI.


The fabulously colorful designer papers are from Poppystamps.
Garden Folly is a double sided 6x6 pad.

The Card Concept is trying something new this year. Instead of going on
summer break, some of us agreed to keep it going though the summer.
So far, you all think that's a good idea, and have played along.
Hope you got some inspiration today. Need more? Check out the 
Card Concept Blog.

Have a great week, and hope to see you in the lineup!





7 comments:

  1. Aww Nancy. Your card is adorable, as is your pup. I got my first dog ever 8 years ago and have been thoroughly and completely trained by him...and I couldn’t love him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is SO cute Nancy, but I'm afraid Ella Belle steals the show...she is absolutely ADORABLE and it's easy to see that she's stolen your hearts!! Even when they're naughty they're so stinkin cute that you just can't be mad at them! Enjoy!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bright, happy and so darn cute Nancy! But your new baby steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your puppy!! So adorable!! I cannot imagine training a puppy. I LOVE your card. The colors are some of my FAVORITES but I love that little puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how delightful!! congrat on your new pup
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a heart-melting card and photo of Ella Belle, Nancy! She might have a little Bichon in her, too, as her tail and face are so like Nellie's! She's just curlier. Before we got Nellie, we hadn't had a dog for 15 years!! So I understand how you feel! You forget how they fill your home with joy! Enjoy your day and take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!