Monday, January 23, 2023

Color Hues: the Color Challenge Pink and Red


Well, hello and I'm back again with a new card for The Color Hues Card Challenge, this
time the colors are Pink and Red. Perfect for a Valentine card!


The Greetery's order came so quickly, I dived right in and chose the Heart Arrow
Foiling and die cut. 


For the background I used the Ribbon Maker Heart Strip Die and glued. several strips
of shimmer pink cardstock onto a shade darker pink. Then I cut it again from red to 
retrieve the heart centers and glued them within each heart.  


I was so happy to be chosen as one of the runners up for the last challenge, and
I used one of the same dies (Loopy Bow) on this card as I did on the last one.
It's such a happy bow! Hot Stuff Sentiments die was first red embossed, and
then pink glittered.


Valentines are happy cards we give to those special ones in our lives. Love the
bright kitchy feel of combining red and pink. 

Have a great week!

Color Hues #56- Pink and Red

8 comments:

  1. It is a fun bow and it looks right at home with your pretty hearts! Wonderful Valentine, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come take a closer look at your Valentine Nancy as it just really caught my eye! I just really LOVE how you did your background with both the pink and red, and you know I love that heart arrow die! Really like how you did your sentiment too! So glad you joined in the fun at Color Hues my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the most of those wonderful new products! This is just a wonderful valentine--filling the center of those hearts was a great idea, and I'm also a fan of the heart and arrow die! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too came by for a close-up! Awesome card for so many reasons! I love the inlaid hearts and that great bow! Thanks for inspiring me and for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfectly charming Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy I think your card is just gorgeous! I love that bow but it's out of stock right now. The details on those hearts are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, your valentine card manages to be both elegant and cute at the same time! Love that big swoopy bow and all the hearts in the background. Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, your sweet Valentine is a gorgeous work of art! I absolutely love that array of hearts and the big bow. You've made me want to take another look at those ribbons - way to go!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!