Saturday, March 4, 2023

The Flower Challenge #78 Die Cuts or Stencils

 


Hi, and welcome! If you are longing for all things spring,  here's a reminder
that it's coming. I have a card for you to let you know about the Flower
Challenge starting today.



I used both die cuts and stencils on my card. The Greetery's Market Basket is a die
I love and couldn't wait for spring to bring it out!
The blooms are from Always In Bloom, also from The Greetery, and they and the 
leaves are. stenciled. I then added pencil to the flowers.

I embossed. the basket, first with pewter and then with aqua, then pewter again.
This gave the patina I was going for.
You have the whole month of March to play along. Just be sure to make your
flowers the stars.
Hope to see you on the Flower Challenge Blog!





9 comments:

  1. Incredibly BEAUTIFUL Nancy!! I love, LOVE that background...so soft and ethereal looking! I love that Market Place basket too and need to get that out again...the way you patinaed it is just gorgeous! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredibly pretty, Nancy! I love all of the wonderful details you've added. The vellum you tucked into the basket is a marvelous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Nancy! Thanks for the lovely reminder that the winter season doesn't last forever. We just had over a foot of snow dumped on us over the weekend. I'm so ready to be outside with my hands in the dirt. Your basket of flowers are so cheerful and dreamy over the soft background.... sigh..... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, I feel your pain (well, sort of,) we had 6' in the mountains, and impassible road conditions. Trying to get up to the cabin to see if all's OK. No chance for a while. Take care, my friend.

      Delete
  4. Just Stunning! Love all the beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is amazing, Nancy. Triple embossing the basket truly gave it a wonderful patina. I wrote that down for further reference. The blooms in the basket are so soft and pretty and blend in the the background paper beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! That's a pretty Spring flower basket! Love all the details you put on this card! The patina look of the basket, the soft blending of the leaves and the beautiful coloring of the little flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!