Thursday, February 28, 2019

12 Kits of Occasions Party in the Park February '19




Welcome to February's 12 Kits' Post! I'm excited because this month I'm the hostess,
with a kit to celebrate the hope of spring... and a 'Party in the Park'. Outdoors,
friends and family and plenty of sunshine!
LOTS of cards, so let's get started...



1st off is a piƱata from Pretty Pink Posh. Love the fact that you can go crazy with color.
He's hanging on a frame from PTI: Shape Shifters Square. The paper wasn't quite
bright enough, so touched up a bit with matching copics.
All this month's kits' supplies are on the 12 Kits blog, by the way.


The paper dictated this card's elements. Fussy cut flowers and a big 'hooray' from Spellbinders.
Color on the PTI shapeshifters die courtesy of Magicals.


A look back when carousels were in the center of fine parks. Used my metallic 
watercolors for the seahorse, and colored the waves with copics.


Echo Park provided the balloon paper, PTI the frame and ballon shaker.


This carousel unicorn in pink is perfect for a girl's birthday!


The rose papers were included, and I combined them for this 'celebrate' card. One rose
paper for the background, and one fussy cut to surround the sentiment.


My favorite is this window tag I included in the kit, (PPP) with Altenew roses.
When you open the shutters, the words 'happy birthday to you' are inside from 
one of the double sided papers.




Lastly, I included this little present bearing otter from Lawn Fawn.
Not sure if he belongs in a 'park', but I just loved him, and
had to pass the die cut on to my 12 Kits friends. After all, isn't he celebrating?

That's it from me. I hope you enjoyed February's kit. I loved gathering a bit of 
Spring to share with my friends and all of you friends too. 
Be sure to visit all of the designers on the blog. I can't wait to see what they've done
with the kit! 










14 comments:

  1. Oh my...every one of your cards is FABULOUS Nancy! I wanted to pick a favorite but EVERY card is a favorite! It was truly a delight working with your kit and I could have made so many more cards but wanted to wait so I'd have supplies to CASE, and I will definitely be CASE-ing some of yours my friend!! Thank you, thank you for this breath of Spring kit...I LOVED it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, each of your cards is so inspiring! I was so looking forward to seeing how you would use your kit, and I am blown away! Can I say that each one is my favorite! I love that you colored your paper to brighten it up to match your festive pinata. I love the Lindy's Magicals and metallic water colors that echo the beautiful papers. I love your balloon shaker and sweet pink unicorn, the fussy cut roses, your rose framed shutters, and that adorable blue otter! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So many stunning creations, just blow away by your incredible talent to take bits of paper and make these amazing works of art! Just loved your fabulous kit and had so much fun playing with each and every little piece you included! Love your balloon card, so fun and festive and your pink carousel unicorn seriously was the sweetest, making me with I was in the park riding it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you are amazing!!! Each one of your cards is a masterpiece. It is no surprise that you used your kit in the most fabulous ways. The window die was my favorite, too! I knew I wouldn't have much time (just a fact these days), so I started with that because I absolutely had to use it. I've already told my husband it is officially on my birthday wish list. :) Thank you so much for sending such an inspiring kit. It felt so good to create again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun kit you put together for us Nancy! I loved everything. I enjoyed seeing the kit through your eyes, and lots of leftovers for me to play with.. didn't use that gorgoeus rose paper, but it's waiting for that special card! I love your sweet otter and swoon.. those gorgeous florals on the striped paper. You made that window look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so jealous!! These are just STUNNING!! I love seeing the different ways you come up with layering for each product. GREAT cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kit Nancy! Your cards are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew this was going to be a spectacular post and I was right! Like the others, it's so hard to pick a favorite,t hey're all amazing. But I think the shutters card with the roses entwined with them is the one! Thanks so much for the beautifully festive kit, loved going to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a beautiful kit Nancy, thank you so much! I love your shutter card and the birthday paper behind. All your designs are beautifully put together. Great card with the fussy cut flower and I love that you included the cute otter! I colored my carousel horses when I didn't feel well and did not like my coloring when done, sorry I messed them up because I love all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such an amazing kit Nancy! I wanted to hoard all the beautiful papers. Your cards are pure delight and filled with inspiration! Those fussy cut roses are gorgeous.... oh my! All the carousel animals are so fun and I'm glad I still have the horses to be creative with. The shutter card with those layered roses is another favorite of mine. They're all beautiful. Thanks you so much for such a fun party in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Nancy, this has been such an awesome month. I absolutely loved your kit! Your designs are amazing and I'm so inspired about things I can make (and things I need to buy)!! You have such a magic touch with colors and the mixing and matching of patterns. Your carousel horse cards are especially gorgeous! I think we all fell in love with the 3D roses and the shutter. Love your version with the wonderful happy birthday paper inside. Thanks so much for such an enjoyable month!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, you are indeed the hostess with the mostest and you OWNED this month with your kit and this array of beautiful cards! The papers are sensational and I love how you wove them into each lovely design! The wee otter was the icing on the cak!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, as per usual, all of your cards are gorgeous and so inspiring. The dies that you added to your kit and all the splashes of watercolour that you added are perfect! Especially love the balloon paper in the background--bravo! Thank you so much for sending us this beautiful kit. I love each and every piece and still need to finish up my cards now that I am home with my markers again! xo

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came for a visit. I love reading your comments!